Saving

by ditzykimi

Original Post

Saving

★★★ Newbie

When I go o save my game, it does the whole saving screen but never goes back nor does it actually save my game.  It just keeps tryiung to save until either I task kill it, or my laptop shuts down. please help!!

Message 1 of 3 (93 Views)

Re: Saving

★★ Apprentice

Check out this page: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Save-Errors-Error-12-13-15-16/td-p/652

It may not list your exact error, but these are very helpful.  especially:

As soon as you get the error, the save is written to a folder with the extension .bad. You'll find it in your saves folder. Delete that folder before continuing. << so check your save folder under my documents/electronic arts/sims3 and make sure you delete any file that has .bad after it.

Use save as and a new name instead of save

Never use save & quit. Always save your game first and then quit the game without saving.

Check the folder under my documents/electronic arts/sims3CurrentGame.sims3  before starting the game. It should be empty. It only contains data during gameplay. If your game crashed, this folder might still contain something. Move or delete it's content.

I have used these a lot and have a lot less problems. Please check out the posts at the begining of the forum for some very helpful information.

Message 2 of 3 (88 Views)

Re: Saving

★★★ Newbie

I followed your advice and I still cannot save my game. Any other advice?

Message 3 of 3 (71 Views)