SIms 3 on Windows 10

by ashleyrain1128

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 on Windows 10

Hero

Hi @niamhmclay

did you read what's in this thread ? What kind of processor do you have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 71 (6,049 Views)

Re: SIms 3 on Windows 10

★★★ Novice

me too, after getting windows 10 the sims 3 launcher has failed to open. and this was when I got my computer updated with windows 10, clean from viruses and deleted all custom content.

Message 22 of 71 (6,045 Views)

★ Guide

Well it does work, just might take a few things to manage it.

For starters if your getting an error about a security module failing to start see my post on page 2.

Second when I tried to play I tried after setting up to use mods. So you might want to try going to modthesims and doing the same, black screens sound very much like its the opening video which setting up for mods fixes. I have not modded out the initial maxis logo though.

Also make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. Windows 10 has had some teething problems and theres been a number of unstable ones out there Im using nVidia 355.98 which are stable for me, the ones before that would crash all the time when gaming (on just about every game) this included sims 3+4, Star Citizen.

I do not use any compatability settings either.

If it still fails, try shutting off your AV and other security programs and use the Win10 stuff, I found win10 is not that favourable towards 3rd party programs.

PS sometimes when I go to play sims 3, double clicking the icon appears to do nothing, but the launcher will appear in the task bar (press the ^ button), clicking it does nothing and I need to right click it and close it. Then run sims again.

Message 23 of 71 (5,949 Views)

Re: Sims 3 on Windows 10

★★★★ Novice

were you on a desktop or a laptop?

Message 24 of 71 (5,928 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i'm installing the game right now, but i'm gonna install my expansions and see if it will handle it.

Message 25 of 71 (5,926 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey man, have you done it by Origin or all your games are from CDs? Because I'm having the same problem with the same update message, but I couldn't  connect with Origin to update my game I don't know why...

Message 26 of 71 (5,905 Views)

★★ Novice

I downloaded windows 10 to and let it finish then installed all my sims games and it says the games are not compatible with windows 10

Message 27 of 71 (5,551 Views)

★★ Novice

I so agree I am going back to my old windows version too. I hate windows 10

Message 28 of 71 (5,546 Views)

★★ Novice

i tried the compatiblity for that and it doesnt work so windows 10 is a joke..its for advertising not gaming

Message 29 of 71 (5,551 Views)

★★ Novice

no sims games are compatible with windows 10..I have tried everything

Message 30 of 71 (5,549 Views)