SIMS will not run with expansion Pack

by larahedg

Original Post

SIMS will not run with expansion Pack

★ Novice

We installed (through Origin) the Sims Pets Expansion pack.  Now the game will not run.  When the expansion pack is deleted, the game runs.  Everything on the computer is up to date.  Origin tech was unable to help, merely referred us to a link with steps that did not help. 

Thanks!

Windows 8.1 on PC

Message 1 of 4 (173 Views)

Re: SIMS will not run with expansion Pack

Hero (Retired)

did you just buy and install pets ? where you trying to play the game from the pets expansion ?

Message 2 of 4 (168 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Have similar problem, just tried to install ambitions and got a notice. Setup can not continue  because programs associated with the sims are currently running.Please stop these applications before attempting to run the sims 3 ambitions set up??????? I have nothing running only origin opened. to downlaod the game. Logged out of origin but now origin wont open at descktop. Will have to restart my computer

Edit Add: Restarted my computer and downloads work.

Message 3 of 4 (165 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (153 Views)