Re: SIMS 3 Crashing!!!!

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

SIMS 3 Crashing!!!!

★★★★★ Newbie

I am so done! I am trying to play Sims 3 and the game keeps crashing! While I am buying things for a house or building a house. I am tired of this. This game should be solid by now. But I am willing to bet that you guys do not give a damn. I want a solid fix that does not require me to uninstall everything and start completely over.

Message 1 of 2 (184 Views)

Re: SIMS 3 Crashing!!!!

@Godsmightyman  The last game-fixing patch for TS3 was released in 2014, and by all accounts the game's development team is long gone.  So the bugs, glitches, and other inefficiencies that still exist are here to stay.

Having said that, it's usually unnecessary to uninstall and reinstall program files to fix issues with the game.  There are a number of less drastic interventions that address most of the common problems in TS3.  Depending on your computer's specs and the packs you're running, it might be easy to cut down on or even eliminate the crashing you've experienced.  If you could provide a dxdiag and a list of packs, that would help narrow down the cause of the problem.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-PC-Only/m-p/1049584/thread-id/47181

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (138 Views)