Run Sims 3 without Origin

by GodWarz191

Original Post

Run Sims 3 without Origin

★★★ Newbie
This happens a lot and I'm getting tired of it. I strongly dislike how sim 3 makes me have to use origin to play the game and it gets on my nerves. Especially when I'm in places where I don't have wifi and origin won't let me log in without wifi and it kinda kills my whole weekend when I can't play sims 3 just because origin won't let me. Is there anyway I can go past the origin application and just click on the sims 3 shortcut and the game's dashboard will appear which actually allows me to play offline? Please and thank you.
Message 1 of 94 (113,088 Views)

Re: Run Sims 3 without Origin

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

have you tried the settings in origin go offline mode and play offline for that you just go to "Origin" and then choose "Go Offline"  nothing to loose by trying that to see if it works that way you want it to

edit typo

Message 2 of 94 (112,668 Views)

★ Apprentice

i've tried this and it worked for a short while, however it seems that with the recent update to the sims 3 base game we are no longer able to play offline.

I contacted EA and all they could suggest was to post to the Sims 3 forums and get the developers aware of our concerns with this in the hope they'll reverse this change.

Message 3 of 94 (112,651 Views)

CAN WE START A RALLY to get the devs to allow us to PLAY THE SIMS 3 OFFLINE

★ Apprentice

After having the 'cannot play sims 3 offline' issue i contacted EA

They suggested I Go Offline in Origin

This didn't work

They then suggested I uninstall Origin

This didn't work

They then said that Origin is now tied to the Sims 3 and logging in to the client is a requirement to play the Sims 3 games

They also said to then contact the Sims 3 community for answers

I'm wondering if we can start something that will get the developers of Sims 3 aware that many of their fans don't want to/ cannot be online when playing Sims games for their own reasons - Also, I'd hate for this to happen when the Sims 4 launches so we better hurry up

Message 4 of 94 (112,645 Views)

Re: CAN WE START A RALLY to get the devs to allow us to PLAY THE SIMS 3 OFFLINE

Hero (Retired)

Are your games download or disc versions? 

All my games are disc and if I try playing while offline in Origin, it works perfectly. 

And personally, I really don't think a rally would be necessary. 

Message 5 of 94 (112,643 Views)

Re: CAN WE START A RALLY to get the devs to allow us to PLAY THE SIMS 3 OFFLINE

★ Apprentice
Unfortunately they are all download.
My point to start something is to get the attention of the developers to reverse this as (after scrolling through the forums) I found that many others have this issue also.
Message 6 of 94 (112,638 Views)

Hero (Retired)

i'll bring this to the attention to a CM they probally won't reply untill tomorrow i say tomorrow as i'm not sure when they will be online but see if we can get some sort of answer for you

Message 7 of 94 (112,641 Views)

Community Manager

I can play offline with all accounts I tested with. I tried it with the download and the disc version and on several different computers.

What exactly do you get as an error message? What happens when you try to play?

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 8 of 94 (112,623 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have purchased and downloaded all of my Sims 3 games through Origin.

Whenever I go to launch the Sims 3 game/s Origin pops up and asks me to sign in.

Most of the time I get to play the Sims is whilst there is no internet connection, due to this I am unable to log into Origin to even access the games that I have paid for.

For me this is a real pain and I wish that they could sort it out.

Message 9 of 94 (109,004 Views)

★★★ Pro

There is a bug with origin where it has taken over as admin where you must log into origin to play. Origin is acting as admin for the game even though origin properties does state my computer is admin. Have an on going case with EA and they are supposed to get back to me. Read my thread about this issue.  Also check you DxDiag see if you are seeing errors that have to do with Origin and TS3W file like I am getting

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Origin-the-sims-3-Error-12-13/m-p/2717206#U2717206

Message 10 of 94 (108,998 Views)