Re: Removing a piece of bad CC?

by graceymanors

Original Post

★★★ Guide

That worked in getting the items to show.So I just went through all of my dbc files(I only have 4 of them) and the bad piece of CC didn't show up in the fresh folder.

Message 11 of 13 (229 Views)

@graceymanors  You said earlier that you could assign the bad cc to a sim in CAS.  Have you tried doing so when each .dbc file is the only one in your clean folder?  This could still help isolate which file you need to take apart.

If the bad cc doesn't appear in your clean folder at all, perhaps it only remains in your old game folder via an installed sim or lot, or its file in DCBackup.  (These files are sometimes a source of "recontamination" for bad cc; everything in DCBackup can be deleted except for ccmerged.package.)  Whatever the case, though, if you can't find the bad cc in your clean folder, you can start copying your library and saved sims files into it in batches, testing in CAS to make sure the bad cc doesn't reappear.  Once you're satisfied that it's gone, you can copy your saves over as well.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 13 (870 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Omg! I found it! Thanks so much puzzle! It was with dcbc1 For some reason the first go around I couldn't find it.It finally showed up on the launcher

Message 13 of 13 (209 Views)