Re: Registration Code for Sims 3 University Life

by EA_Spectre

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Registration Code for Sims 3 University Life

★★ Novice

I keep getting the error message when trying to register my copy from Origin.  I can get the other codes to register for the party togas and other goodies but not the official code.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 12 (12,285 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

If you bought the game from Origin and your Origin account is the same as your Sims 3 account, you don't have to register the expansion on the Sims 3 website. Please read more about that here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Information-How-to-Register-The-Sims-3/m-p/387162

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 12 (12,774 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Interesting I got the reverse.  I did not get the toga and stuff codes even though I pre-ordered the Limited Edition via Origin.  There is a page that appears when you go into Origin's website.  You sign in and a page appears that lists what you want to do, one of which is to enter or register your game.  There I inputted the numbers, it went OK.  Also, when you order through Origin, Origin automatically updates this for you on your EA page, and the symbol logo for that expansion pack or game will show up.  At least it did for me.  Hope that helps.

Message 2 of 12 (12,198 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue I can't register my game...keeps telling me the code is invalid. 

Message 3 of 12 (12,185 Views)

★★ Novice

@mensachickie wrote:

I'm having the same issue I can't register my game...keeps telling me the code is invalid. 

Highly irritated at this point, I've been trying to get in touch with "customer service" since 2am

Message 4 of 12 (12,172 Views)

Community Manager

If you bought the game from Origin and your Origin account is the same as your Sims 3 account, you don't have to register the expansion on the Sims 3 website. Please read more about that here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Information-How-to-Register-The-Sims-3/m-p/387162

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 5 of 12 (12,775 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What if your Sims 3 account is a different log in than your Origin account?

Message 6 of 12 (12,132 Views)

★★ Novice

Did you check your email?  That's where I got the codes for the extra goodies?

My log ins are the same,  It shows the game on my launcher but NOT in my list of games on mypage.

Message 7 of 12 (12,028 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had pre-ordered University Life on 1/12/13 from Origin and never got an email with the pre-order code for the scooters and other goodies.

TIA

Message 8 of 12 (11,897 Views)

★ Novice

I never got an email and for the life of me I can't find ANY WAY to submit a ticket...see if i ever order from them again

Message 9 of 12 (11,739 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I ordered the sims 3 PLUS university life.... now it unlocked university life limited edition but not the base game?>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!>? what the heck origin?

Message 10 of 12 (11,721 Views)