Re: Registering The Sims 3 games on new accounts

by roberta591

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Registering The Sims 3 games on new accounts

★ Novice

Hello,

I own all The Sims 3 games on CD and I've been playing them since the base game first launched years ago. I registered the games on The Sims 3 website and later my Origin account. ((Note that the first games didn't require Origin when they first came out, I needed the CD's to play. But later, with the launch of Origin, all my registered games appeared on Origin and now I don't need the CD's to play.)) In time, I had to re-install them on my new computers and did the installing through my Origin account.

Now, I have some problems with my e-mail address that I use for Origin and want to create a new account. But, will I be able to register my product codes to this new account? Is it possible to use the codes for different accounts? Or is there a way to play them without re-registering?

I'd be glad if you can help.

Thank s a lot!

Message 1 of 4 (311 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

@ZeynepMerve  Once the games are activated (you use the codes) those game are locked to that account

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (318 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@ZeynepMerve  Once a game is activated (with the code) that game/pack is locked to the Origin account used. You can change your email address. Open Origin - click Origin in the upper left - click EA account and billing. That will open the customer portal. Answer the security question and click edit and change the email address - save.

Message 2 of 4 (304 Views)

★ Novice
Hi,
Thanks for your answer. What if I create a new account, seperate from the first one. Can I still use the codes?
Message 3 of 4 (297 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@ZeynepMerve  Once the games are activated (you use the codes) those game are locked to that account

Message 4 of 4 (319 Views)