Re: Register sims 3 bought on Steam on the Sims Store

by boboochicken

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

Yes you can register your game on the sims 3 store and still keep it in steam without needing an origin account. I own the game through steam and am registered on the sims 3 website without having anything to do with origin. I have not purchased points though so I am unsure if you need an origin account for that. Have been told there are point cards to purchase to add points but have not found them in any store.

Message 11 of 17 (1,340 Views)

@Panda14616  Yes, you need an Origin account to purchase points now, as the Sims 3 store no longer has the ability to handle cash transactions.  But it's easy enough to link your store account to Origin, in which case your registered content would be added to your Origin account.  (In fact, Origin may already recognize your account credentials without your having to re-register, but I'm not sure.)

You can buy EA cash cards and add them to your Origin account without needing to provide any credit card information, and then you can use the money to buy points, or worlds that require cash instead of points.  I've seen the cards on sale at Best Buy; google says they're also offered by Walmart and Target, among other places.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 17 (1,331 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did that and it didn't work

Message 13 of 17 (1,275 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Lady_Arween Is there any way you could tell me how to do that
Message 14 of 17 (1,108 Views)

@kayla20618  What exactly are you trying to do?

Message 15 of 17 (1,089 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How did you register it to sims3.com?

Message 16 of 17 (821 Views)

@talksic3  If you already have an account on the site (www.thesims3.com ), sign in, scroll down to the bottom of the page, click "Register a game," and add the product key.  If you don't have an account, you'll be asked to input a key when you're creating one.

Since this thread is a few years old now, I'll lock it here.  If you still need help, please create a new thread describing the issue, as well as where you bought the code.

Message 17 of 17 (812 Views)