[READ FIRST - POST HERE] Windows 10 Help Thread

by SandArcher

Original Post

Re: [READ FIRST - POST HERE] Windows 10 Help Thread

★★ Novice

At least you have gotten it to start.  Mine is just stuck on the black loading screen.  Ive done all the fixes and changed the compatibility to windows 8.  Not entirely sure what to do now but wait for a official fix I guess.

Message 31 of 95 (2,540 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@GregaDonta could you answer the questions please? 

Message 32 of 95 (2,529 Views)

Re: SIms 3 on Windows 10

★ Novice

Sadly, we might have to wait until EA launches a new update to have The Sims 3 compatible with Windows 10. I asked EA and they said they might come out with an update because even other EA games don't work. We have to be patient Frown 

@imdebra wrote:

I am still unable to run The Sims 3 in Windows 10. I tried what tech support told me - downloaded new drivers from NVIDIA and set up a profile in the NVIDIA GeForce Experience utility. Uninstalled and reinstalled The Sims 3. Removed my saves too even. Tried compatibility mode, and Windows 10 ran its compatibility mode thing and found the launcher file to be incompatible.

Message 33 of 95 (2,516 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@nayelivargas1 if you look in the first post, you will see that Sims 3 can be run in compatibility mode. 

Message 34 of 95 (2,502 Views)

Re: Incompatibility with Windows 10

★★★ Newbie

Just for your info: I download SIMS4 free version an it's working with no problems what so ever. in windows10

Message 35 of 95 (2,473 Views)

★ Novice

Well thanks it worked Standard smile

Message 36 of 95 (2,415 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@nayelivargas1 could you tell us which suggestion worked? Standard smile 

Message 37 of 95 (2,410 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having this message popup when i click the play button on the launcher:

"A required security module cannot be activated.
This program cannot be executed (8016)."

I can't find anything about this error anywhere and i have no idea what to do. I'm running windows 10 atm, but this was happening before with 8.1 too.

Message 38 of 95 (2,393 Views)

Message 39 of 95 (2,373 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply, and yes, I have tried everything mentioned in that thread.

After some research, I believe the problem resides in the new skylake/170 chipset. People having this error all have the new skylake processors. I guess there's nothing we can do until an update solves this incompability.

Message 40 of 95 (2,367 Views)