Re: Product code problem

by crinrict

Original Post

Product code problem

★★★ Newbie

I have had sims loaded on my computer for over a year now, but haven't played in about 6 months. However, today I went to play again for the first time since then and when I try to launch the game, it tells me to reinstall the base game. When I went to do that however, my product code said it's already been used, which is true, but it wasn't my fault the base game needed to be reinstalled. It is all still on my computer too, but won't let me play unless the base game is reinstalled, which makes no sense. So my question is how to I get a working product code without haven't to pay for another again, even though I already have the game.. I'd really like to play again on the same game if possible. Thank you.

Message 1 of 5 (161 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Once the game was registered with Origin, the disk ended up becoming comparatively redundant due to changes in Origin.  Reinstalls practically have to be performed using a digital download from Origin, or really jump through some very specific hoops instead.  

Message 2 of 5 (154 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know that. But when I had played, I used an expansion and that one is the only one that shows is registered on my Origin account.

Message 3 of 5 (150 Views)

Hero

@Gorath_the_Elder wrote:

Once the game was registered with Origin, the disk ended up becoming redundant due to changes in Origin.  Reinstalls have to be performed using a digital download from Origin. 

@Gorath_the_Elder I don't know why you keep saying that. This is not true. You can still install the game from disc if you have the disc

This method works just fine: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Mass-Effect-3/How-do-I-install-from-disc-without-download/m-p/1384#M22

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (137 Views)

Hero

@Samson004 Are you sure you didn't register the base game on a different account ?

If so, contact a game advisor, they should be able to assist you further

Game advisors can be found through live chat.

1. https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 
  2. Click on the orange NEXT button
  3. Select a platform
  4. Click on the orange NEXT button
  5. Select a topic and describe your problem in a few words
  6. Click on the orange NEXT button
  7. Click Chat Now to chat with a Game Advisor

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor using the new EA Help page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (136 Views)