Problems Installing the PC Download from Origin of Sims 3 - Uinversity Life

by sreavis98

Original Post

Problems Installing the PC Download from Origin of Sims 3 - Uinversity Life

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I just purchased Sims 3 University Life and it has been taking an hour just to install 35 percent of the digital PC download of Sims 3 University Life, I have a brand new computer that I purchased a week ago with the latest processors and I don't think it should take this long to install. Any ideas on how to make it go any faster? It is working it just says that the estimated time left is 2 hours and 57 minutes and I really want to get started playing. It is going at a speed of 127.85 KB/sec

Message 1 of 5 (246 Views)

Re: Problems Installing the PC Download from Origin of Sims 3 - Uinversity Life

Hero

Some people seem to have a really slow connection to Origin. I don't know what the issue is but most probably it's a server issue.

I would contact customer support and ask them if it's normal and what you can do to make it faster.

They can be found here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us/ask

Choose a category, a game and a platform for the contact options to show up.

If live chat is gray, change your country to US and make sure you're on US Business hours. It might also gray because they're very busy. Try later.

See this post if you have trouble with the site: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contact-ea.html

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (243 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks, I will wait and see if they will eventually be able to chat, if not I will just have to wait the 3 hours D:

Message 3 of 5 (240 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh, I have a membership with the GeekSquad at BestBuy... do you think if I chatted with them online that they might be able to find a solution or is this kind of situation out of their line of work?

Message 4 of 5 (239 Views)

Hero

Don't think BestBuy can help. It's an EA issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (230 Views)