Pressing download on expansion pack in origin doesn't actually download the game

by Borgopixel

Original Post

Pressing download on expansion pack in origin doesn't actually download the game

★★★★ Novice

I had to reinstall games on my PC. When trying to re-install the sims 3 and all its expansion packs, one expansion pack (Island paradise to be precise) has a problem downloading:

If i press download on origin , the download screen pops up for about a split second, before saying complete, however the pack didn't download at all, and the download button reappears on the list of dlc.

I have checked the downloadcache and nothing appears at all, nor does a folder for the sims 3 island paradise get created.

There is no problem in downloading any other packs. This is the only one. I have also tried to reinstall the entire game. Any help would be welcome!

I have attached a file which is a screenshot of what appears on my origin client (pardon the language, but 'scarica' means download in italian, and 'completato' means complete)

Message 1 of 6 (362 Views)

Re: Pressing download on expansion pack in origin doesn't actually download the

Hero (Retired)

@Borgopixel  The installer may be thinking the pack is still installed. Did you try a registry cleaner like ccleaner (google it there is a free version). Check control panel - programs and feature - if IP is still there uninstall it. Then use ccleaner to clean the registry. Then see if it works.

Message 2 of 6 (354 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@roberta591 i did as you instructed, restarted origin and my pc, but the issue is still present. I decided to reinstall origin as well but still no luck.
Message 3 of 6 (348 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Borgopixel Where did you buy the pack?

Message 4 of 6 (341 Views)

★★★★ Novice
On origin, about a year ago
Message 5 of 6 (334 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Borgopixel The only other thing I can think of is to manually uninstall IP and here is a link to do that - link - how to manually uninstall Island Paradise  Some thing is making the installer think IP is still installed and needs to be cleaned up.

Message 6 of 6 (329 Views)