Playing Sims 3 + expansion requires a disc?

by espressocat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Playing Sims 3 + expansion requires a disc?

★★★ Newbie

I bought Sims 3 through whatever digital download thing EA had before it became Origin, so now I have it via Origin.

However, I bought the Supernatural expansion in a store because I had a gift card. I was under the impression that I could just enter the product serial code into Origin to have it in my Origin library.

However, now to play the Sims (even launching through Origin) I have to have the Supernatural disc in the disc drive. My disc drive is dying, so I'm worried about this in the long term.

Is there anything I can do to be able to play without a disc in the drive?

If I buy another expansion digitally through Origin, will I still have to have the Supernatural disc in the drive to play?

Message 1 of 2 (474 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Playing Sims 3 + expansion requires a disc?

Hero

I was told that once you register the game at your Sims 3 account, it should show up in Origin.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (472 Views)

All Replies

Re: Playing Sims 3 + expansion requires a disc?

Hero

I was told that once you register the game at your Sims 3 account, it should show up in Origin.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (473 Views)