Re: Parties not happening

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Parties not happening

★★ Pro

My Sim gets an invite to a party and accepts the invitation. I get a notice that the party will be in a hour or two. I have my Sims try to go to the party, but when I go to Map view there is no party icon on the Sims house that's hosting the party.

When I manually send my Sim to the party, the host Sim may or may not be there. Later I'll get a notice that I missed the party.

It's like something is glitched with parties. I'm wondering if others have experienced this and if there's a work-around?

Message 1 of 4 (1,652 Views)

Accepted Solution

@172e3cda00349872  The function of parties held by inactive households has been broken for a long time, if it ever worked at all.  Some players ignore this "feature" altogether and just host their own parties; others may use mods to try to make things work.  You could ask at NRaas or MTS if anyone has a satisfactory way to address the issue, but I don't know of one off the top of my head.  Certainly, there's no way within the vanilla game to fix it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,644 Views)

All Replies

@172e3cda00349872  The function of parties held by inactive households has been broken for a long time, if it ever worked at all.  Some players ignore this "feature" altogether and just host their own parties; others may use mods to try to make things work.  You could ask at NRaas or MTS if anyone has a satisfactory way to address the issue, but I don't know of one off the top of my head.  Certainly, there's no way within the vanilla game to fix it.

Message 2 of 4 (1,645 Views)

★★ Pro

Thanks Puzzle.

I feel kind of embarrassed, as I didn't actually know parties have been messed up since pretty much the beginning. I've been playing Sims 3 since it first came out, but I never really paid attention to parties until just recently.

Message 3 of 4 (1,606 Views)

@172e3cda00349872  Hah, me neither.  The only reason I know is that there was a conversation a few months ago on the NRaas site about trying to fix things, and the conclusion was there's not much you can do, sorry.  Of course, it would be nice if it worked, but I guess we can just add it to the pile of bugs that were never addressed.

Message 4 of 4 (1,601 Views)