Re: Origin will download Sims 3 expansions, except Seasons

by darciloveee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin will download Sims 3 expansions, except Seasons

★★★ Newbie

I have searched everywhere and I feel like I've tried every suggestion. I have been reinstalling my Sims 3 games on my iMac because I recently purchased two new expansions and wanted to just start clean. All of my games EXCEPT ONE is downloaded, Sims Seasons. I purchased the Sims 3 Plus Seasons discs and have used those in the past to install. But I typically get the disc error when launching The Sims, so up to this point I have installed all games through Origin. And The Sims 3 Launcher works perfectly, so everything is good on that end.

The Sims 3 Seasons has the Download orange button, but when clicked, nothing happens. I have tried Safe Mode Downloading, uninstalling Origin, Resetting Origin, running my Mac in Safe Mode. None of it has worked. Someone please help before I rip my hair out.

Message 1 of 3 (401 Views)

Accepted Solution

@darciloveee  This has been an issue for over a month now, with no solution as of yet.  There is a workaround, though—reset Origin, enable automatic game updates (in Application Settings), quit Origin, and sign in again.  You should be offered the download of Seasons, as well as any other pack you haven't installed, and you can accept or decline each one.

If you'd like a visual, please see this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Sims-3-packs-not-downloading-through-Origin-mac-OS/m-p/719785...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (395 Views)

All Replies

@darciloveee  This has been an issue for over a month now, with no solution as of yet.  There is a workaround, though—reset Origin, enable automatic game updates (in Application Settings), quit Origin, and sign in again.  You should be offered the download of Seasons, as well as any other pack you haven't installed, and you can accept or decline each one.

If you'd like a visual, please see this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/Sims-3-packs-not-downloading-through-Origin-mac-OS/m-p/719785...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (396 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THANKS A MILLION! Finally got it to work with this. I had to wait through it updating Sims 4, but it finally worked. 

THANK YOU, JESUS! Now I can get back to my Sims!

Message 3 of 3 (384 Views)