Origin/the sims 3 Error 12/13

by BGH22

Original Post

Re: Origin/the sims 3 Error 12/13

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

had to restart launcher to get store patch to take. Origin closed, game closed. double click desktop icon and launcher opens. Game starts. Close game. opened Firefox and logged into purchase history. Launcher opened and item dowloaded. Interesting I'm able to log in to my account on two different computers at the same time and I know that was not like that before.

Is someone else logged into your account?

Message 81 of 97 (432 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Without knowing more about your computer a guess at this point is Norton may be causing a problem or multiple users have your account open at the same time? idk - time for head scratching.

Message 82 of 97 (419 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Thank you so much for trying. I think what it is is origin update may not be agreeing with 64 bit. I forgot you have 32 bit. The error with origin mentions 64. I just refreshed my computer so I have nothng on it now. I dont know what to do anymore to fix it. EA will probably email me tomorrow and respond to my email. Ill update if we figure it out

Message 83 of 97 (411 Views)

Hero (Retired)

My laptop (which I don't use for gaming) is Windows 8.1 32 bit but my desktop gaming computer is Windows 7 64 bit and my old gaming computer is Vista 64 bit.

Message 84 of 97 (399 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

However Sims is supported on your windows 7 64 while not really supported on 8 or 8.1 at all. So it maybe a combo of windows 8 and 64 not meshing which is something you don't have on your computers. I know one other person I spoke to has windows 8.1 64 and has same exact problem as me.

Well I have bad news and good news. Since I could not get this working called HP and the jerk deleted a bunch of my files. some he should not have. Had to restore my computer AGAIN. I can not at this point get updates to go in correctly. Im sending this computer back to HP and getting a new one. This is the bad news. The good news is I get a slightly better computer. an upgrade from the one I have. It's the same computer only 8.1 (not 8), 1TB and ..................16 gb ram  still will have the dual amd video card that runs on it's own processor. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will leave this thread open. When I get my new computer will see what origin does but may have to wait a few weeks since it is being shipped 5-7 business days.

Message 85 of 97 (392 Views)

Hero

Once you install the game from Origin to your new computer, do pay attention to the version number BEFORE you download any patches.

If it's at 1.0, it's the old one. If it's at 1.42, it's the new one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 86 of 97 (386 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Thank you Crin. At this point I will be paying attention to everythng I install from EA. I will report back when I install on this new computer. ( so excited to get 16 GB can't wait LOL) but from what I have seen so far seems to me windows 8/81. 64 bit origin meshing problem.  Keep that in mind when helping people on here and you see  they are a new install on 8/8.1 and  64 check their DxDiag for Origin Error. The more info we can accumulate on this issue better chance we have of getting EA to get off their butt and fix it.

Also I do know the 1.67 patch did mess up the launcher. This happened on my old game and new installs. It grayed out some options that are not usable in the intitial launcher but do work in game. Also the new patch reset many peoples launcher to default settings including mine

Message 87 of 97 (384 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Edit: did not mean to post in my thread. But now that Im here, still no word back from EA but I emailed them with more info.

Message 88 of 97 (375 Views)

Re: Origin/the sims 3 Error 12/13 -Update from EA

★★★ Pro

Heard back from EA and everyone should still be able to bypass the launcher and origin to play. EA told me this function is working on theri computers. They feel if someone is being blocked from starting the game from TS3W file it is some kind of security block causing it. I let them know about my new computer in the mail and will update them when I do a new install.

Message 89 of 97 (363 Views)

Re: Origin/the sims 3 Error 12/13 -Update from EA

[ Edited ]
Hero

That is simply not true.

You can only bypass the launcher if you have the old version installed. The new one won't let you.

Do let us know what happens when you get the new computer. Make sure you download the old version. You're game should not be prepatched if you start the game after downloading. It should be at 1.0. If it's at 1.42, you have the new version (still don't know if having both on your account does prevent you from downloading the old one)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 90 of 97 (354 Views)