Origin/the sims 3 Error 12/13

by BGH22

Original Post

Re: Origin/the sims 3 Error 12/13

★★★ Pro

Also we have a few people in here that could play the game but after the new patch 1.67 they can't. One I helped the other day had below the minimum requirements to play the game to begin with. The other I helped had the minimum but his video card not support and intergraded and I think the patch did this person in too.  You may be seeing a lot of these probelms but the new patch did something

Message 41 of 97 (411 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@BGH22 wrote:

Not yet but I added to my report. I found other people in here with same problems and we forund more problems so I called EA to add to my report. They told me they are working on it

Just can't get myself to believe in another patch for the game.

Also, why don't you just uninstall the game and install the original disc version. You don't need Origin for that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 97 (408 Views)

★★★ Pro

I know the patches/origin messing everything up. I hope they don't do this with Sims 4. We need to be able to play off line without Origin and the launcher using up our ram. All the notices I get from norton High disc usage on both Origin and the Launcher. I go to downlad something at the EA store. Norton tells me the launcher is high disc usage. The Launcer and Origin add more problems to this game especially on saves. If Origin and the launcher are running while playing its taking up all the ram when you try to save a larger save.

With my old discs ( I only have up to fast lane) I gave them to my neighbors son because he likes disc. I can't take them back from him so that is not an option at this point.

Message 43 of 97 (405 Views)

★★★ Pro

I was expecting a phne call but Lucky me gets an email insted. Problem still not resolved Getting so sick of EA

Message 44 of 97 (388 Views)

Hero

What did they say ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 97 (383 Views)

★★★ Pro

You know the usual, Blame the customer. Blame Wndows, Blame Norton. They are insisting it has to be Norton or my windows security. I have Norton 360. Norton has never blocked origin or launcher updates since I have had this computer Aug 13. Neither has windows. As I said before My old game I started in 2013 never had these problems. They were checking my account and saw I played recently. I let them know I have played nothing on a clean install other than testing the game. They told me to uninstall and reinstall everything which I have done several times. Including uninstalling and reinstalling Norton which norton took over the control of my computer and did it for me more than once in the past week. I know it's origin or the new patch. Maybe both. My launcher got messed up on my old game from the new patch. On a clean install checking both new and old versions of the base game the launcher is messed up on both with 1.67 patch same as it was on my old game. I let them know Origin will only let me get to the launcher to enter the game if I am logged int Origin. I can not download anything from the EA store the launcher wont open at all. This is where I am at right now. Cant wait to see what other issues they will try to blame on the customer.

I saw a new post you were helping that claims the new origin messed up their computer Are they haveing my same issue since their launcher is not working.

I stopped playing this game n 2010 because of all the glitches and EA blaming the customer this is not supported, that is not supported. All the gliches in the game are the customers fault. I figured with my new computer and 3 years have passed EA woud have fixed the game but NO. Things have not changed. They mess up and blame the customer. Im almost at the point in wanting to delete my origin account and be done with EA for good.

Message 46 of 97 (375 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

So to be clear, does the launcher not open or does it crash after opeing ? Does Origin open ?

Is this a matter of not being able to bypass the launcher anymore only or not ?

Did you clean out all user files ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 47 of 97 (370 Views)

★★★ Pro

New install no game save no need to clean files. I can only get the launcher through logging into Origin. I can get in the game no crashing but Origin is blocking the launcher from opening so I cant uploading or download anything from the EA store. The Launcher wont open outside of the origin web. Origin will only permit me to download the base game and eps. I still cant bypass the launcher or origin to get in the game. Click on the ts3w file and the origin log in opens. Origin is acting as admin for the game and launcher even though my computer and origin properties state my computer is admin. I cant change TS3w file to accept my computer as admin for the game. It's a mess

Message 48 of 97 (365 Views)

Hero

Still unclear. 

Does the launcher start through Origin at all ? Can you play the game if you go through Origin ?

I do get that you have a problem that you can no longer byPass Origin even with the old version and I do not know what's up with that but the question is, can you play going through Origin or does the launcher never start ?

Does it say play or install in your myGames ?

Maybe you could post some screenshots.

(sorry, english is not my mother tongue)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 49 of 97 (363 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Hi Crin,

The Launcher starts after I log into origin. Have no problem intsallig the base game, EP's and getting in the game and yes I can play the game if I wanted to. I have been  running tests but I have not actually played because I need to download my worlds and items from the store and I cant. The launcer will only open in origin and not outside origin. Is this making more sense?

It is as if either Origin or the new patch has caused some conflict with the TS3w File , or origin and the patch are conflicting with eachother. This shows up in my DxDiag on a clean install without saving or anything. Im afraid to play since the launcher is messed up and I can't upload or download anything other than the actual game.

All the people I have spoken to who have this problem seem to be doing clean installs and may not be effecting people who have had origin in the computer for a while. My son has an older version of origin and he can bypass the launcer. I may just copy his whole file to my computer and see if that works. I also wondered if I remove origin and go back to an eirlier patch where my game did work will that fix the problem.

If I delete origin and add an earlier patch will it overwrite the 1.67 patch?

Add: Just checked the origin forum and people posting same problem as me. New update messed up!

Message 50 of 97 (360 Views)