Origin/the sims 3 Error 12/13

by BGH22

Original Post

Re: Origin/the sims 3 Error 12/13

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Even if I can go off line, it still does not solve my problem of not being able to bypass the launcher. There is no reason origin should be hijacking my game. If I want to play from my desktop I should be able to do that without logging into origin. I still cant run the game as admin. Playing off line while logged into origin will not solve the issues of error 12 saves.  In a sense EA is hijacking my computer and they have no right to do so.

Message 21 of 97 (668 Views)

Hero (Retired)

sorry for delay in reply got a storm going on which has made the internet drop considerably one to two bars  it's taking longer and longer for the pages to load up error 12 is usually to with memory,  and I have to get to get of  the compete for a bit with this weather

when you did the system restore did you check for left over files and registry keys related to the sims 3 totally remove anything sims 3 related as the system restore redoes the OS but other files can and are maybe left   left on the computer

Message 22 of 97 (660 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Error code 12 is memory however I have 750 GB of memory. EA even told me last week I should not be getting error 12.  I sent them my dxdiag. I believe it is due to Origin and the launcher. My computer would notify me high disc usage on both Origin and the launcher. When I could bypass origin and the launcher I had no problem with saves. EA is the one who told me to bypass the launcher to fix the problem and it worked but that was before the system restore and the new insatll of the game

I did a full system restore back to factory. No sims files were on here when I did a clean install. The sims is the only game I have on here and was the only game I had on here before the system restore.

Message 23 of 97 (658 Views)

Hero (Retired)

750GB of memory that's the hard drive space  the RAM is memory so how much RAM do you have actually please post your DxDiag here for someone to look at

Message 24 of 97 (652 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

My ram is 8gb. 64 bit. EA already looked at my dxdiag which has nothing to do with save issue or origin problems. This is an EA problem. If no one in this forum has a fix to bypass the launcher than I will just try to call EA in the morning

No offence but I answered all info on the first page and at this point I am repeating myself. I have NO MEMORY SAVE ISSUES when I bypass the launcher and origin. My saves run very quickly with no error!!!!!!!!

Message 25 of 97 (650 Views)

★★★ Pro

interesting my dxdiag reads error crash report Origin. I never got that before this new version of origin

Message 26 of 97 (636 Views)

★★★ Pro

per dxdiag EA has confirmed Origin has altered my TS3W file and Origin is running my game as admin and will not let me run my game as admin. EA said they will get back to me since at the moment they do't know what is causing the problem.

Message 27 of 97 (630 Views)

Hero

When did you buy your base game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 97 (628 Views)

★★★ Pro

I bought the game 2009 on disc but I am using the download version. I actually have 2 different download versions, the original and a newer version perchased in 2013. I tried both versions when uninstalling and reinstalling and same thing no change.

Message 29 of 97 (625 Views)

★★★ Pro

This is what the errors look like in DxDiag when origin has taken over your TS3W file as admin

+++ WER1 +++:
Fault bucket -626296751, type 5

Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_WOW64

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: TS3W.exe

P2: 0.2.0.209

P3: 6.2.9200.2.0.0

P4:

P5:

P6: