Origin is saying that my product code has already been used!!!??

by clandersonn123

Original Post

Origin is saying that my product code has already been used!!!??

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I bought the Sims 3 ambitions expansion pack and I installed it fine but when I go and try to open it up to play it opens origin and tell me I need to activate it with the product code I put in the product code and it tell me that its already been used I contacted origin support and spoke to 4 different advisors and they gave me 4 different product codes and it still says the same thing? And now also none of my other sims games will open and it says the same thing as when i try to open the ambitions Anyone else had this problem and know how to sort it out? Thanks please help

Message 1 of 6 (7,709 Views)

Re: Origin is saying that my product code has already been used!!!??

Community Manager

It is possible that you have to do a manual uninstall of either the Ambitions expansion or the Sims base game. Read more about that here:

https://help.ea.com/article/manually-uninstalling-the-sims-3

A word of warning: Only try this if you are an experienced user. If you are not sure about it, please ask someone to help you.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 6 (7,547 Views)

★★★ Newbie

IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM BUT I RECENTLY GOT MY COMPUTER SWIPED OUT CUZ IT WAS TO MUCH ON IT THEN I ENTER MY GAME DISC IN EVERYTHING GOES SMOOTHLY I DOWNLOAD ORGIN BLAH BLAH BLAH THE I LOOK IN MY GAME IN ORGIN I ONLY SEE ONE OF MY EXPANSION PACKS IM LIKE OKAY BECAUSE I THOUGHT I WOULD SEE MY SIMS 3 BASE GAME TO SO I CLICK ON THE SIMS 3 LATENIGHT AND IT SAY INSTALL SO I INSTALL IT THEN AFTER IT HAD BEEN INSTALLED IT SAIDED YOU NEED THE SIMS 3 BASE GAME SO THEN I DO THAT I GET TO THE PRODUCT CODE AND ALL THAT OTHER GOOD STUFF THEN I ENTER IT EVERYTHING WENT GOOD THEN IT SAYS IT HAS BEEN ALREADY USED BECAUSE BEFOR I GOT MY COMPUTER CLEANED I HAD EVERYTHING ON THERE EVEN THE SIMS 3 BASE GAME I KNEW I SHOULDVE BACKED ALL MY DATA UP BUT IT SHOULDVE WORKED STILL EVEN THOUGH IF I DIDNT SO CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLZ

Message 3 of 6 (7,373 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same problem and have apsolutely no idea what to do about it?Frown

Message 4 of 6 (7,294 Views)

Message 5 of 6 (7,277 Views)

★ Novice

Hello,

I had broken a computer that I had used the sims 4 get to work disc on Im using my new computer and now its saying the code has already been used which it has but I couldnt remember my old account password and make a new one! What do I do????

Message 6 of 6 (1,505 Views)