Re: Origin has denied access to the following file: C: \ Program Files (x86) \

by CARLOSMLXD

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin has denied access to the following file: C: \ Program Files (x86) \

★★★★ Novice

Hi everyone! Today I tried to update my game "The Sims 3" in the Origin app, but when I select "Spanish, Spain" It shows up the following message "Origin has denied access to the following file or folder: C: \ Program Files ( x86) \ "

I would like to know if it is a problem of the app (Origin) or it is a computer problem. In any of the 2 cases what should I do. Before anything, thanks to everyone.

Message 1 of 5 (746 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Finally,  I saved the folder of the sims 3 on the desktop (with mods and everything) and I have uninstalled both the game and the Origin app.

I installed the game and then It automatically installed the origin app. And instead of updating it from the game launcher, I have done it with origin and I have copied the folders of the desktop with the saved games and the mods in the new folder of the sims. After this, everything worked perfectly, it even allowed me to install from Origin a package of accessories and it fit well with everything.

However, thanks @Holger1405  and @puzzlezaddict for the help. 

Greetings,

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (683 Views)

All Replies

@CARLOSMLXD  Try running Origin as an administrator.  If that doesn't help, let me know and I'll get the Origin expert on the case.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (736 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi @puzzlezaddict ! Thank you for the answer. I try several times, but always shows up the same message. I will thank you if you will get the Origin expert on the case.

Message 3 of 5 (723 Views)

[ Edited ]

@CARLOSMLXD 

Are you on Windows 10?

If so look  if you have the "controlled folder access" of the Windows Defender enable. If so disable it > Test.

[Guide] > Scroll down to "Use the Windows Defender Security app to enable controlled folder access"

You can configurate the access to specific folders if if you don't want to shut the entire "controlled folder access" down by pressing the Windows key and "i" > Update & security > Windows Security > viruses & threat protection.

If that don't works:

Press the Windows key and "X" at the same time > Click on "Command prompt (Administrator)" or "PowerShell (Administrator)"

• In the CMD or PowerShell window, at the prompt, type or copy and paste:  takeown /F "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin"   (With the quotes) > hit "ENTER"

• You should get a success message.
  • Reboot.
  • Try the update again.

Edit: Thanks for tagging @puzzlezaddict 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 4 of 5 (700 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Finally,  I saved the folder of the sims 3 on the desktop (with mods and everything) and I have uninstalled both the game and the Origin app.

I installed the game and then It automatically installed the origin app. And instead of updating it from the game launcher, I have done it with origin and I have copied the folders of the desktop with the saved games and the mods in the new folder of the sims. After this, everything worked perfectly, it even allowed me to install from Origin a package of accessories and it fit well with everything.

However, thanks @Holger1405  and @puzzlezaddict for the help. 

Greetings,

Message 5 of 5 (684 Views)