Re: Origin download wont complete keeps resetting

by Asclross

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I've had this same issue for more than a year now.  With several games BF4, BF Hardline Beta, TitanFall, Assassins Creed etc.  It gets to about 95% and then starts from approx half way again until the download fails.  I don't even want EA's lame suggestions about firewall settings or deleting config files or reinstalling origin.  I spent about a month trying to figure out why I couldn't get BF4 Final Stand DLC to finish, right after having the same issue with TitanFall.  Keep in mind I do Information Technology for a living and Origin and all of it's issues is one of the few bugs I just gave up on.  Sad thing is I like a few of the games I've paid for through Origin and wish that I could play them, but EA has a bad reputation for a very good reason.  With all the bugs in their games and the software just meant to launch the games I can't argue.  The way they rush everything, ask for more money on every little DLC, and the continued customer dissatisfaction I see... I think it's time to cut them off.  Until they detach they're buggy but fun games from Origin I'm not supporting them anymore.  I can get my gaming fix from Steam.  I hate to sound like a fanboy, but EA you really need to pull your head out before you lose more of the passionate gaming community.

Message 21 of 28 (2,226 Views)

★★ Novice

Heeeyyyy, one year later and the error is still occuring,

gj ea

Message 22 of 28 (1,597 Views)

★★★ Novice

And I have the same problem now with MEA! I was so looking forward to this game, damn it, EA!!!!!!

HELP ME!!

Message 23 of 28 (1,513 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep.  Three years later and apparently no one's figured out a solution other than "let it download for a week and eventually it might work."

Message 24 of 28 (1,501 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I get this problem now. EA did not solve it for 5 years.
Message 25 of 28 (1,236 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same issue, I was downloading Battlefront 2 (100GB game) and origin forgot its progress and it went from 67% to 20%...

Message 26 of 28 (1,145 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I have the same issue, i would be pleased if I used Steam but Apex Legends is only on origin..
Message 27 of 28 (957 Views)

★ Novice

I found a solution to my downloading reset problem. After replacing the crappy Ram sticks I just recently purchased and just stuck with the old ones, the game download completed. Have a try at this method?

Message 28 of 28 (454 Views)