Re: Orgin problem

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Orgin problem

★★★ Novice

So im having some sort of problem with origin. I was able to log in and install my Sims 3 game. But now when I go to play the game it tells me that I don't have origin installed and that it needs to be installed in order to play.  I tried clearing the cache, restarting my PC and nothing changed.  

Probably should note that I uninstalled a Sims 3 game on my PC because I no longer had access to the origin account it was attached to, so I uninstalled that game and installed a brand new Sims 3 game. I've also uninstalled origin and reinstalled and nothing. Just wanna figure this out so I can have my game online! 

Message 1 of 2 (248 Views)

Re: Orgin problem

@GJSK96  How did you install TS3 the first time, and how is it installed now?  You don't need Origin to play if you install via Steam, or if you own the entire game on disc and have a base game disc manufactured before September 2012.  But you need to install a certain way to avoid the old EA Download Manager inserting itself into the process and trying to tie your install to Origin.

Regardless, the best thing to do now is to uninstall TS3 and Origin and then clean your computer's registry with a tool like Piriform's CCleaner (free download).  Then you can reinstall.  If you don't clean the registry, you can get all kinds of errors, including those you're seeing now.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (200 Views)