Re: Old account

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Old account

★★★ Newbie

Ok so here's the problem I'm facing and I do apologise if this sort of thing has been asked countless times before.

I have recently tried to access my old Origin account which I haven't touched in probably over a year now but can't for the life of me remember my password for it, the issue I'm facing however is not the forgotten password it's that the email address associated with the account is now out of use/cannot be accessed as the service provider (Orange mobile network) had cancelled their email services.

This actually happened before I forgot my password though I was daft enough to keep putting off the email address change to my new gmail email.

How would I go about changing this?

P.s. my surname has also changed since the time of the account creation, would this cause an issue with confirming identity?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Kind Regards

Andy

Message 1 of 2 (209 Views)

Re: Old account

@Maduri1024  You can try filling out EA's Account Recovery form:

http://help.ea.com/account-recovery/web-form

I'm not sure whether you have enough to prove you own the old account, but it's worth a try.  One player recently provided proof of purchase of games on an old account using PayPal documentation.  But there's no guarantee that anything will work.

If it doesn't, and your only option is to rebuy the game, Steam is having a sale right now.  The base game and packs are $5 each (U.S.), from now until Feburary 11.  I know it's not a perfect solution, but it might be better than nothing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (203 Views)