No sims, ghost town (sims 3)

by jamieptaylor

Original Post

Re: No sims, ghost town (sims 3)

★★★★★ Newbie

it took forever to load 1st time and back out

this is completely new.  I tried one of the other cities and it's the same thing.  Even tried making a new one.  I pretty much CAD them closed,  then restarted again,  it would load another 10-25% till it would completely lock up again.

so what ever I did with all this it messed up game for loading.  lol

but ya, already pulled her,  have to load and save house.  Spent to much time on it to loose it too

Message 11 of 15 (531 Views)

@jamieptaylor  And this is still in the clean game folder?  It can be normal for the initial loading time in a clean folder to be a bit longer, as the worldcache files get rebuilt, but 20 minutes seems excessive.  (Unless your previous loading time was close to that already.)  Do you get any messages that some objects weren't loaded and needed to be replaced?  That would be store content that isn't installed, and the game might take longer to run through the replacements too.

Another possibility is that you're getting low on free storage.  Open a File Explorer Window, click on This PC, and check the numbers.  If you have TS3 installed on a secondary drive, check both C, where Windows is installed (and needs plenty of room to maneuver), and the drive that holds the game.

Please also make sure that OneDrive is off.  If it's trying to sync your Documents folder with cloud storage, that could explain the long loading times.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 15 (530 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This point of her life,  the plan was to save her and move to a city she can work her scuba diving.    No where to do it where she lived.

But ALL the cities are lagging.  I went and did it before i even came back here.

I played for 7 months with out any incident,  so I can't imagine 1 log in making it 10times worse then it ever has been.  had it on this computer for years prior to that.  (since came out)

never had any issues (prob just got lucky maybe)

ANYWAY... even the new created city took forever to load  over 30 minutes to create it,   and I hadn't even added her house or her to the town yet.

So something seriously angry from rooting things around.   I got my girl back should be happy and shut up.  But, I have limited time sometimes to play,  with my health I may only feel well enough to play for half hour, has happen.    Frown  

So maybe I need to make a new post lol/thread  idk

clearing everything and making new didn't make it any better.   My daughters city aside from last 2 days was never gotten into since back Christmas and new years eve.   I didn't save when I closed out of them.

I also go to main menu ALL the time,  I always forget testing cheats and have to go back.    SO doing that with everything newly done in documents should be causing doing it once. etc etc  lol

Thank you for helping,  I am going to be getting a new computer soon I HOPE.  so then I'll just need to figure out how to save my "files" of people/houses to move them for once I install on a new system.

TTFN!!  JPT

Message 13 of 15 (518 Views)

@jamieptaylor  I'm still wondering if you're running out of storage on this computer, or if OneDrive is messing things up somehow.  (It's been known to wreak havoc on TS3 if not properly kept in check.)  Either issue could explain the long loading times, and both are easy enough to address.  I can write out instructions, if you're interested.

But if you've just decided to get a new computer, that works too.  I'd be happy to talk specs, when you're ready.  TS3 isn't demanding compared to newer games, but it often doesn't run well at all on weaker hardware.  I can also list the files you'd want to transfer to the new computer when the time comes.  Just let me know if you need any more help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 15 (513 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I keep lappy pretty trim,   and everything being done on clean/new folder

I'll be back in a few days. I just need rest and can't sit long enough to play right now

Message 15 of 15 (503 Views)