My uploaded sim/avatar doesn't show up in My Studio on the website?

by creamegg21

Original Post

My uploaded sim/avatar doesn't show up in My Studio on the website?

★★★★ Novice

I've followed all of the steps for uploading the avatar, I saved the sim in Create-A-Sim and it showed up in the 'Upload' section of the launcher and allowed me to upload it to the website, I'm also logged on with the same account at the same time on both the launcher and the website.

While all of this runs smoothly, the avatar never shows up in the exchange of My Studio, I've tried uploading the avatar a lot of times over the past week but it's still not there.

Is there a solution for this?

Message 1 of 11 (2,371 Views)

Re: My uploaded sim/avatar doesn't show up in My Studio on the website?

Community Manager

Hi creamegg21,

First, make sure you are logged in to the Launcher and the Sims 3 website with the same account. The 'Make This My Avatar' option will only appear for Sims you have created or personally uploaded onto the Exchange. For this option to appear, you must be logged in to the Sims 3 website with the same account you used to upload your Sim through the Launcher.

Sometimes, it takes the server a bit to post your uploaded Sim into the 'Uploaded Avatars' drop down menu. If you can see your recently uploaded Sim under the My Studio section of your My Page, follow the steps below to make your uploaded Sim your avatar:

• From your 'My Page,' click on 'My Studio.'
  • You should see a list of all content you've uploaded onto the Exchange.
  • Find the Sim you want as your avatar.
  • Click on the name of the Sim you want as your avatar.
  • Clicking on the name of the Sim will take you to the Sim's Details page.
  • Under the picture of the Sim, you should see an option that reads 'Make This My Avatar.'
  • Selecting this option should automatically assign the Sim as your avatar.

MakeAvatar.jpg

Hope this helps!

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 11 (2,313 Views)

★ Novice

I went into the Sims 3 household creator and had to click on the ( ... ) button next my Sim's profile pic. There was an option to share my sim. I filled out the information and uploaded it to the website. Like you I could not see the option to make my sim and avatar. I read that you might need to try a different web browser. I installed Google Chrome because it comes with macromedia flash (so I heard) as part of the program. Most website use flash these days anyhow. Window explorer does not have this feature (so I am told.)  I hope this helps. Shoot me a message and let me know. :catvery-happy:

Gethinx on the Sim3store site.

Message 3 of 11 (2,301 Views)

★ Novice

my issue is that the launcher says it is uploaded but it doesnt show in my studio at all. i have been trying to get my sim into my studio to make her my avitar for a month now Frown

Message 4 of 11 (1,887 Views)

Hero

It's a common issue.

Are you using custom content in your game ? DId you try if you can upload a pattern or a picture ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (1,882 Views)

★ Novice

i was able to upload her as a household onto the sims site, but her as a sim did not work. as i said before, the launcher says that my idems are uploaded, but will not show up in my studio. some of her cloths are from the store, but came up fine when she loaded as a household. 

i have tried saving her to the launcher several times.

Message 6 of 11 (1,877 Views)

★★★ Pro

crin, wonder if it is the new patch problem? The new patch reset a lot of peoples settings on the initial launcher. My old game and new install tests I was running options is frozen in the launcher on sims age options. Maybe it effected some uploads too?

Message 7 of 11 (1,875 Views)

Hero

@UrdInLife396 wrote:

i was able to upload her as a household onto the sims site, but her as a sim did not work. as i said before, the launcher says that my idems are uploaded, but will not show up in my studio. some of her cloths are from the store, but came up fine when she loaded as a household. 

i have tried saving her to the launcher several times.

It's common and many people have had that for a long time.

Trouble is that Sims work differently when exported than households and are much more affected by any cc you might unknowngly have in your game. Somehow cc likes to stick to them and you can't upload (or install) them.

Did you try if you can install the file to your launcher ? Just move it from the export folder to the downloads folder and install to see if that works. Restart the launcher and see if the Sims is still installed or not. 

If you don't want to try that, you can also upload the Sim to a file sharing site such as mediafire or dropbox (please nothing where I need to register to download) and then PM me the link. I'll take a look at it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (1,871 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem..do you fix it? can you help me?

Message 9 of 11 (1,846 Views)

Hero

I don't have any other suggestions then the ones I already gave in this thread. Sorry.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (1,841 Views)