My sims are always sick

by Larcias

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My sims are always sick

★ Novice

Like the title says, all my sims/citizens are always sick.

Everytime my sim goes to town or visit the neighbors or whatever, she/he always gets sick. It always starts off with "nauseous" for two hours, then she vomits, and then I get the mood "sick", but luckily it has no mood affect. Also it stays on for 24 hours, and is VERY contagious. 
I tried to vaccinate at the hospital but the mood effect didn't disapear.. And when I am "Sick" there's flies around me and some green smoke. 

I have no idea how to get rid of this sickness, and I dont know why everybody is affected by it. It's super annoying and I'd like to get rid of this forever-lasting epidemic. 

Any ideas how? 

(I attached a picture but it's in swedish, but atleast you see the mood icon and maybe can see what it is"

Message 1 of 3 (5,359 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My sims are always sick

@Larcias  This sounds like the pestilence plague.  It's caused by a witch casting a spell, and it's contagious.  I'd guess that if you have a lot of witches in town, or maybe just a couple that are particularly evil, then they're constantly cursing other sims, who then pass along the illness to others.  The plague can be cured by another witch casting the sunlight charm, or (I think) by eating a ghost chili or some honey.  Hospital medicine doesn't work.

The other way to get rid of the illness is to open the cheats console (crtl-shift-C to bring it up) and enter "testingcheatsenabled true" without the quotes.  Then you can right-click on the moodled to make it disappear.  (Enter "testingcheatsenabled false" to disable the cheat again.)  If there's a rogue witch running around cursing everyone, you could turn him or her human with a potent cure elixir.  You can also edit any sim in Create a Sim, and remove an occult trait, by enabling testingcheats and shift-clicking on the sim.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (5,401 Views)

All Replies

@Larcias  This sounds like the pestilence plague.  It's caused by a witch casting a spell, and it's contagious.  I'd guess that if you have a lot of witches in town, or maybe just a couple that are particularly evil, then they're constantly cursing other sims, who then pass along the illness to others.  The plague can be cured by another witch casting the sunlight charm, or (I think) by eating a ghost chili or some honey.  Hospital medicine doesn't work.

The other way to get rid of the illness is to open the cheats console (crtl-shift-C to bring it up) and enter "testingcheatsenabled true" without the quotes.  Then you can right-click on the moodled to make it disappear.  (Enter "testingcheatsenabled false" to disable the cheat again.)  If there's a rogue witch running around cursing everyone, you could turn him or her human with a potent cure elixir.  You can also edit any sim in Create a Sim, and remove an occult trait, by enabling testingcheats and shift-clicking on the sim.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (5,402 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you SO much! I guess I should go on a witch hunt Wink 

Your response helped me out alot, so thanks again! Standard smile 

Message 3 of 3 (5,295 Views)