My sims 3 won't download

by Anna_GakkGakk

Original Post

My sims 3 won't download

★ Novice

Hey! :-) First of all, thank you for taking your time to read this, and maybe help me solve this problem. Cause I'm running out of ideas.

IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN READING THIS WHOLE TEXT, SCROLL FURTHER DOWN.

I used to play the sims 3 on a really old HP, which I don't think had the sims 3 demands for running the game. The game went really slow, and also I had downloaded so many things from the exchange store, that every time I would usxe the warderoe, or make new families og something like that, the game would stop working and break down. I dunno. What I mean is, the comuter would exit me from the sims 3, and I would have to reopen it, and what I had done in the game for the day would have been history. This has really annoyed me lately, so I decided to buy a new computer.

I red a bit online, and discovered people who had bought ASUS for playing the sims 3 were very pleased with their purchase, so I though I'd try it. I bought this one, cause it had almost all the demands:

http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=781800
(The page is on norwegian, so you probably won't be able to understand what it says. Just wanted you to see the computer)

I bought it for 5 229 NOK, which I think is about 1000 dollars. So anyway, as I mentioned, it had all the sims 3 demands, but the game is a few years older than the computer, so I figured window 8 would be fine enough, altough the game wants either windows XP or windows Vista.

So yeah, when the computer arrived, the first thing I did was to try downloading the sims 3. I started the download, it went a bit slow, but I didn't mind, cause that was what I'd expected. After an hour or so, there came this pop up, saying that something Fullbuild.1 (or something, idk) wolud not download, and it asked me if I wanted to try again. And of course, I pressed the "Yes" button. So, during the next three hours, it popped ut five times more, and I figured that this was not how it was suppose to be, so I cancelled the download. 

The next day, I got to borrow the sims 3 from a friend of mine, and it would download just fine, so I figured my own the sims 3 had got a scratch or something. 

THE POINT IS:::::

After finally managing to download the sims 3, I wanted to download all the extension-packs and stuff, and I do have alot of them. But none of them wants to download. Everytime I insert a disc and the pop up window for the download comes, another pop up comes like half a second later, saying I have to install the sims 3 first to install this package. The only other sims I've managed to download is the "luksus inretning(don't know what the name is in english, but it's only a extra package where you get modern furniture and stuff). I also had trouble trying to download this game, and I had to udate the game to the newest version two or three times for the game to be able to download it.  None of the other games will download though. I've tried to un-innstall(?) the game, and then downloading it again. Nothing works. Also, after downloading luksus inretning xtra-package, the game wont start. The sims menu won't open, so I can't get the game started. 

Please help me, I'm starting to get desperat. I only bought the new computer to play sims, feels like I've wasted the money already.

(Also, sorry for the bad grammar and stuff, my english is'nt the best)

Thanks in advance! :-)))))))

Message 1 of 4 (6,315 Views)

Re: My sims 3 won't download

Hero

First, just to be sure on the terms here: You are installing the game from disc and not download it from the Internet, right ? So you have the physical disc for the base game and the expansion.

The version from your friend was also installed through disc ?

-------------

Did you try playing after installing the base game ? Did that work ?

What is your base game version right now ?

Open the launcher and check the number in the lower left corner.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (6,294 Views)

★ Novice

Thankyouthankyouthankyou Standard smile))

All of them are discs yes, the borrowed game aswell. The only one which is not is the sims 3 nightlife, which I can't manage to download either. 

I can play the sims 3 just fine, sorry for forgetting to mention that. The problem is downloading new games, cause they all claim I have'nt installed the base game, which I have.

My current game-version is 1.57.62.023002

Message 3 of 4 (6,286 Views)

Hero

What's your Operating System ? Windows 8 ? That base game not installed issue seems to be quite common and I don't know what's causing it.

I think a complete reinstall might be your best option

Try reinstalling following the instructions here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

Here's two other links that might help (try those before the reinstall)

- https://help.ea.com/article/how-to-troubleshoot-installation-issues

- http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Help-Guide-All-in-one-fix-except-hardware-issues-PC-only/m-p/734...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (6,281 Views)