My sims 3 keeps crashing!

by tayyyz

Original Post

My sims 3 keeps crashing!

★★★ Newbie

I have the Katy Perry expansion and the Supernatural Expansion and they have been running just fine untl yesterday. I dont know what to do. Confusedmileymad:

Message 1 of 5 (12,121 Views)

Re: My sims 3 keeps crashing!

Hero

Did you change anything ?

Have you gone through the checklist here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Game-Grashes-CTD/td-p/656/jump-to/first-unread-message ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (12,103 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes I have! I tried a few things but it still crashes! Is it because Im running on 32 bit and not a 64? do I need to upgrade? I would hate to have to spend $200+ just to play this game! I would just stop playing. Sims 2 never did this...

Message 3 of 5 (3,879 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-for-Sims-3-PC-Only/td-p/1049584/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (3,792 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I THINK I FINALLY FOUND THE SOLUTION

So reading through these comments, I realize that a lot of us who have an integrated chip are having trouble after we add more expansion packs to our games. This is probably due to the fact that the more expansion backs we have the more power our computers need to run them. I was able to play all night yesterday without freezing by changing the settings under the integrated chip. I am sorry for all the MAC users because I do not know how to do this on MAC.

Windows (7 in my case)

Click on the start button

Go to the Control Panel

Go to All Control Panel Items

Click On Intel(R) Graphics and Media

Click on Advanced Mode Settings

Click on 3D

Set the 3D setting to Quality

Then go to Power

Set the Power Setting to Maximum Performance

Apply the settings.

You might have to play with your computer plugged in, but other than that, it should work. Comment if this works for you!

Message 5 of 5 (2,696 Views)