My sims 3 island paradise is still not working...

by kaytilove1

Original Post

My sims 3 island paradise is still not working...

★★ Novice

Tried about 4 million different things to make my sims 3 island paradise work. Nothing has worked.

This is extremely upsetting. Its not about the game its about buying something that does not even work.

Id really like some feed back and some help.

Message 1 of 31 (10,765 Views)

Re: My sims 3 island paradise is still not working...

Community Manager

Can you tell us what does not work and what you tried, please?

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 2 of 31 (10,642 Views)

★ Novice

What is happening?? Cant help if we dont know

Message 3 of 31 (10,640 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was having that problem too.  Wouldn't work no matter what.  I bought the Origin download version.  Seemed to download and install fine.  The launcher popped up but when I hit play, it said I needed an internet connection to confirm ownership of the game.  I have an internet connection.  Works fine.  Origin is supposed to register your key code for you. I was confused. 

So, I used Origin to uninstall Paradise Island and started my game again.  Worked fine.  When I installed Paradise, I got the same error box wanting an internet connecton.

But I finally got in the game tonight.  Here's what I did.  Maybe some of this will work for you?  I'm not sure if I hit a lucky combo or all of these things helped but here's what I did.

First, I uninstalled Paradise Island.

Then I went in and turned my firewalls (I have 2) off for 1 hour.

I then went in and set all my firewall settings for Origin, EA, or S3 to "allow".  They were defaulted to "auto decide".

I took out all my mods in my mod folder except no-sparkles and no-intro.

While the firewalls were turned off, I re-downloaded and installed Paradise Island.

When I started the game I got the black screen of death but at least I didn't get the internet connection error.

I opened my task manager and shut down the game.

I started the game again until I got the launcher open.

I clicked on my "installed" button  and took out all the medieval lots I had downloaded (ye old fishing hole, debtor's prison, etc.). These were huge downloads and I was hoping for a miracle.

When I hit play the game stalled and I thought I was still stuck and was about to give up, but suddenly the intro screen opened, the music started and I was in!

Not sure what I did exactly that made the difference?  Maybe you can try some of this, or all of it and see if it works for you?

Message 4 of 31 (10,632 Views)

★★ Novice

Well i tried a number of things with the customer support...

First they had me make sure that my base game was up to date. So i had to go into this forum they provided and follow the steps of downloading the correct link that matched my sims Launcher, it was (7). Got it downloaded and my base game updated.

I didnt know what to do from there, and i got disconnected from the first person i was talking to, so i just opened the Launcher. Nothing happened it was the same.

So i talked to another customer support Person on the chat. They had me:

Delete Origin from my computer, Mind you guys im running off a Mac OS x.

I then had to go into finder and make sure every little trace of origin was gone. so i did.

Then i had to re download it, And turn my computer off.

I followed all the steps and nothing has helped Frown

Its just very frustrating.

For people who dont know what issue i am having:

I bought Sims 3 island paradise thru Origin. I got it downloaded. and it said it installed. But it hasn't synced to my Sims 3 launcher. So i cant play it.

Any help or ideas would be awesome!!! Id try anything.

Message 5 of 31 (10,606 Views)

Re: My Sims 3 island paradise is still not working...

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am also have the same issue, download IP last night with no problem hit play button nothing, sooooo disappointed and have also wasted £30, in the middle of reinstalling but I don't think that going to work either Confusedmileysad: 

It like what you said Kayilove1 it like the launcher is not linked to the game. 

Could it be windows 8 that's the problem?

Update

I have now reinstalled all the sims 3 games and IP is still not loading, even shut down my anti virus software and firewall still not working removed all CC and still nothing.  I have totally removed IP and now the game is running Uni fine.  So angry just want a refund so  I can buy a hard copy of the game. Is there a customer support email address?

Message 6 of 31 (10,587 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It says " PowerPC applications are no longer supported" when i try to install Island Paradise of Sims3. i have a new ish computer and its up to date and ive got all the other games/expansions and im so angry i cant figure this out. please someone help me.

Message 7 of 31 (10,570 Views)

Can't Install. :(

★★★★★ Novice

It says " PowerPC applications are no longer supported" when i try to install Island Paradise of Sims3. i have a new ish computer and its up to date and ive got all the other games/expansions and im so angry i cant figure this out. please someone help me.

Message 8 of 31 (10,564 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well, what happens with me......

I installed the game. Opened launcher. Pressed play. It worked. I was having a great time with my new sim and her horse on a houseboat. Then the game crashed. Ever since, when I press play on the launcher, the screen goes black and has the swirly loading thing on (not the sims 3 one, the default one). And whenever I press the play button this screen comes up, my computer stays like it. I literally waited hours for it to load, but it didn't.

If any of you understand my problem, help!

Message 9 of 31 (10,533 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Try installing the game using the .exe file instead of the Launcher.  If you installed via Origin, that file is located here:

Program Files (86)\Origin GAMES\Island Paradise\Game\bin\TS3EP10.exe

If you used a disc the file is here:

Program Files (86)\Electronic Arts\Island Paradise\Game\bin\TS3EP10.exe

Problems with crashes can also be incompatible MODS.  If you have Mods installed remove the folder and try playing the game for awhile without the MODS to at least see if the game will perform for you.  

Message 10 of 31 (10,517 Views)