Re: My sims 3 expansion packs and stuff packs aren’t showing up in-game.

by roberta591

Original Post

My sims 3 expansion packs and stuff packs aren’t showing up in-game.

★★ Novice
Hi, I just bought a brand new gaming desktop a couple of days ago and when I installed all of my sims 3 expansion packs and stuff packs they were working fine in-game. But now the next day they aren’t even showing up in my game. All of my stuff packs and expansion packs are registered through origin.com. Can someone help me with this issue? I’m going to retry reinstalling them and hopefully that works.
Message 1 of 6 (403 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Ivysimmer18  Is your computer a pc or mac? Where did you buy the packs?

Message 2 of 6 (391 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It is a PC. And I bought the disc games from Walmart long time ago. Unfortunately my new desktop doesn't have a optical disc drive so i have to download my games digitally on it. Which i download them on my origin account. And every game i bought is registered with origin.

Message 3 of 6 (381 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Ivysimmer18  A desk top w/o an optical drive - strange. Do you still have the jewel cases with the codes? I'm guessing you may have never registered some packs. Did you try to redeem the missing packs in Origin?  Did you login to OneDrive? You need to disable OneDrive. OneDrive moves new files so they can be synced. These files include the files in your documents folder which holds your game user files.

Message 4 of 6 (362 Views)

★★ Novice
I have registered all of my packs through origin. As soon as I bought the stuff packs and expansion packs I would register them. And I figured out how to fix it. I right clicked on the sims 3 in my origin account and clicked on repair and it not only repaired my sims 3 game but also all of my stuff packs as well. And I also have to make sure that all of my stuff packs and expansion packs are all checked before I start my game in the sims 3 launcher. It works now and I’m loving my new gaming pc! Standard smile thank you for your help! Standard smile
Message 5 of 6 (354 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Ivysimmer18  Thank you for posting your solution. The old version of the packs should have automatically been updated by Origin but sometimes this doesn't happen.

Message 6 of 6 (340 Views)