Re: My Sims can't go to work or school

by qtrout

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Sims can't go to work or school

★★ Novice

When it's time for my Sims to go to work or school it tells me that it's not time for work of that school is not in session, even though it's during the week or a work day. What do I do to fix this problem. My girl was supposed to graduate at the school and they all stayed at home and then it just said that her diploma was in her inventory. And now none of them go to school or work! Please help! Thanks!

Message 1 of 8 (23,979 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

mods/hacks are 3rd party modifications to your game that you can add. If you don't know what they are, you probably don't have any.

Try the following

1. Backup your file by saving it under a different name

2. Go To edit town and move your family out and back in

3. See if that resolves your issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (25,711 Views)

All Replies

Hero

What does the panel say when they need to go back to school ? They sometimes get days off for special occastions like weddings or graduations (afterwards).

Also are you using any mods at all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (23,880 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

It say's that there are like 1 day and 1 hr left before time to go back to work or school but then as each day goes by nothing every changes. But when it gets to days off for my guy it changes to 3 days or something like that. This all happened when I got a popup that said that all my adults got a free 2 day vacation away from the house, so I accepted. But while they were gone, one of my teenagers and a toddler got stuck so I tried to reset them both but it kept telling me that the command was not accepted. So I left the game without saving and when I came back they were not stuck anymore but then no one could go to work or school. When it was time for my other girl to graduate everyone changed their clothes to go but no one left and then it popped up that she was class valedictorian and her diploma was in her inventory. So now it's the next day and no one goes anywhere.

I don't know what mods are.

Message 3 of 8 (23,877 Views)

Hero

mods/hacks are 3rd party modifications to your game that you can add. If you don't know what they are, you probably don't have any.

Try the following

1. Backup your file by saving it under a different name

2. Go To edit town and move your family out and back in

3. See if that resolves your issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (25,712 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks, that worked!

Message 5 of 8 (23,870 Views)

Hero

Please consider accepting a post as solution so people see it's sovled Standard smile

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (23,867 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do you backup under a different name?  Please help me 

Message 7 of 8 (14,122 Views)

[ Edited ]

@xXx_kayla_xx  Launch the game, load your save, let the game clock run for a few sim-minutes, then select "save as" instead of "save."  Pick a different name (for example, you can put test at the end), and TS3 will create a new save file under that name but will also keep the old version.  So you can experiment with the test copy and then go back to the old one if you don't like the results.  You can save under different names as many times as you want.

If you're having a specific issue, I'd be happy to help you troubleshoot.  Just provide as many details as you can, so I know where to start.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 8 (14,108 Views)