My Sims 3 keeps crashing on windows 8!

by Stoffer-Frandsen

Original Post

My Sims 3 keeps crashing on windows 8!

★★★ Newbie

After about 30 minutes gameplay my Sims 3 crashes? Just got  a new PC with Windows 8 and I think it might be Windows 8 fault, because I could run it on my old Vista PC. Any solutions to the problem? 

Message 1 of 9 (23,367 Views)

Re: My Sims 3 keeps crashing on windows 8!

Hero (Retired)

Hi There!

There are lots of people playing The Sims 3 on Windows 8... you didn't give enough specific details ...

Use the search function at the top right hand side and look for the top solutions...

Or just click here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?location=forum-board%3Athe-sims-3&q=The+Sims+...

Good Luck! Standard smile

-------------------------------------------------------------。 ◕‿◕。------------------
✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps and Click XP if someone helped! Standard smile

Message 2 of 9 (23,198 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I know it's a bit late, but you should try Turning your wifi off on your PC, then start the sims game and then you can turn it back on! That worked for me, otherwise another way to do it is to sign out it your Sims account on the main menu, that worked for me also! For some reason by having that off it reduces the amount of RAM used by 500MB!!
Message 3 of 9 (22,153 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It Is Very Simple To Fix, Follow This Step By Step

1. Right Click The Sims 3 Icon

2. Click Properties

3. Click The Compability Tab

4. Under Compability Mode Check The Box That Says Run This Program In Compability Mode For

5. In The Dropdown Box Select Windows 8

Message 4 of 9 (18,166 Views)

★ Novice

Mine does not have the windows 8 option, it just has up to windows 7.... do I choose windows 7???

Message 5 of 9 (17,311 Views)

Hero

Yeah, choose 7. I think that's a typo in that post above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (17,298 Views)

★★ Novice

Windows 8.0 x64 - Sims 3 will either crash or it will cause my wife's new Toshiba laptop to do a forced re-start. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling 3 times with no luck. Sims 3 crashes the OS more than the program itself crashes. I've tried all the compatibility modes, doesn't work. Her laptop has 12GB of RAM, a 2M Cache, 2.40GHz Intel processor and Mobile Intel HM70 Express Chipset with Mobile Intel HD graphics with shared graphics memory. Her laptop has all the Microsoft updates installed. We've tried running some other games that came out before Win 8 and they run perfectly.

Freezes - Have not encountered any as of yet.

I tried installing them on my Win 7 Pro x64 with a Intel 3.1 quad core and 32gb Kingston HyperX RAM and it runs flawlessly.

We have the Sims 3 Starter Pack with Late Night & High End Loft, Supernatural Expansion Pack and Dragon Valley.

Once all are installed, you MUST use the Supernatural disk or NONE of the games will play.

I've read the posts claiming Sims 3 runs on Win 8, but if you read the PC System Requirements, Windows 8 is not listed.

Message 7 of 9 (17,150 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Sorry tosh but, sims there does indeed work on windows 8 I am playing on it and have found that restarting the computer can be helpful
Message 8 of 9 (11,773 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been working on the same problem for days! Your solution worked! I did the same for all expansions found they were all over the place vista and 7 for example! Made them all compatible on 8 and it worked! Thank you so much! 

Message 9 of 9 (4,044 Views)