I just got my new laptop on friday. I downloaded the island paradise pack tuesday as well as into the future, and now it is freezing avery time i switch how fast time passes. Its 2016, please fix this!
Changing the Default to 60, is under the Graphics setting, it is the Hz for the monitor. And does little to effect the game.
4 Ghz Quad Core
32 GB RAM
over 2.25 TB Free Space (Each drive is at or bellow 50% used)
I am still getting additional packs, BUT, here's the biggie, I just added Town Life stuff pack, and suddenly my Sims 3 started to do what everyone else is experiencing in this thread. I am going to disable that pack permanently.
CPU Usage 45%
System Ram Usage, never hits 3 GB
GPU Usage 20%
Video RAM Usage 30%
- I should not be having this problem, with the clock stopping for 30 to 50 seconds, and then ticking away for a minute or 2, it's like Sims 3 is buffering actions before it plays, when a good system doesn't need them to. Everything is flowing normally, the dartboard lights, rain/snow, even my sim's wings continue to flap normally.
1 Solution, after disabling Town Life Stuff Pack,
- before you start Sims 3, load up the task manager
- Start Sims 3, and get to the World Load screen (Main menu section) then tab out to the task manager
- Click on TS3 in processes to highlight it
- Right click on it this time, and choose Go to details
- Right click on TS3 and Set Priority = High
This should force Windows to deal with TS3 before any background programs.