My Sims 3 game keeps freezing every few seconds

by theshrimpinator

Original Post

Re: My Sims 3 game keeps freezing every few seconds

★ Novice

I need help too. Being playing fine but since 2 days ago I really can't play, sims freeze constantly.  I have all the expansions and all stuff packs, and the latest patch.  My computer is way up every requirement the game ask, for ex I have 16GB RAM.  It's a Asus laptop (gamers republic).  Is not custom content.  What should I do, other than stop playing it?

Message 11 of 45 (93,580 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Any updates on this topic? It's really killed my enjoyment of the game, and I feel like I wasted my money. I mean, why invest in Sims 4 when Sims 3 never worked properly?

Message 12 of 45 (92,186 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Are you playing in the world that came with Island Paradise? That world is particularly laggy. See here for some solutions:

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2014/02/lags-in-islo-paradiso.html

In general there are a few things you do if your sims are freezing. There might be a sim stuck somewhere in town and the routing failure causes problems. Try the cheat resetsim * to reset every sim in town.

There are mods that can help you too but I'm not sure that we can discuss those here. You can see some tips to help with the issue on Crin's website:

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/04/bug-lags-intermittent-freezes.html

Caspin

Message 13 of 45 (92,183 Views)

★ Novice

Do not have Island Paradise expansion. I have Showtime, Master Suite, Supernatural, Seasons, 70s 80s 90s Stuff.  I hadn't installed any CC, and/or items from the exchange. It just started lagging all of a sudden. I will try your suggestions though. Thank you for answering!

Message 14 of 45 (92,166 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Ok so I been trying to figure out why my Sims 3 keeps freezing after purchasing island paradise, it's not my ram, I have 8 Gb. I have one game going on island paradise it keeps freezing. If anyone knows how to fix this issue that be great. I've tried what's been posted which none has helped
Message 15 of 45 (91,676 Views)

Hero (Retired)

IP is naturally a laggy world unfortunately and there's not much you can do about it. 

Have you tried the suggestions from here? 

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2014/02/lags-in-islo-paradiso.html

Message 16 of 45 (91,673 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issues.

I'm running:

GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3
Radeon R9 290 GAMING 4GB 512-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16
AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo)
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

I've done ResetSim * several times and it just keeps reoccurring.  

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 17 of 45 (90,914 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I used the cheat resetsim * and deleted the aboandonned boats in my game. Everything works perfect right now, so thank you!

Message 18 of 45 (90,411 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, me too.

Ever since I bought the pack 'Island paradise' my game keep freezing for a few seconds every minute or so. 

Does seem fair, though. The pack is HUGE! 

I checked my disc drive on the pack and it took up most of the space in that section. 

How to fix this:

1. Go to your disc drive. (Or where the game pack files are)

2. I don't recommend deleting anything, it might mess up the game. 

3. See anything out of place? Such as an extra piece of content lying around? Then check its files. 

4. Once you check its files, look closely. There might be a bit of stuff lying around that is not needed. Like in-game purchases that you don't need or wan't.

This too confusing? I thought so, too. 

Check out this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiXJmyDvPng

Message 19 of 45 (90,207 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, me too.

Ever since I bought the pack 'Island paradise' my game keep freezing for a few seconds every minute or so. 

Does seem fair, though. The pack is HUGE! 

I checked my disc drive on the pack and it took up most of the space in that section. 

How to fix this:

1. Go to your disc drive. (Or where the game pack files are)

2. I don't recommend deleting anything, it might mess up the game. 

3. See anything out of place? Such as an extra piece of content lying around? Then check its files. 

4. Once you check its files, look closely. There might be a bit of stuff lying around that is not needed. Like in-game purchases that you don't need or wan't.

This too confusing? I thought so, too. 

Check out this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiXJmyDvPng

Message 20 of 45 (90,209 Views)