Re: My Sims 3 Game Won't Launch!

by LausCassidy

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Okay, I went through my firewalls and stuff and I found this;

http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/16/86/75/86/untitl10.png

Do you think this is causing the issue?

When I play The Sims 3 I use the Into the Future expansion pack, which is expansion pack 11 so the top option on that picture might be the issue?

Message 11 of 14 (129 Views)

Hero (Retired)

the game will always  play from your newest installed released game the into the future one so even if hit the sims base game icon into the future loads up

one of those is the exe for the sims 3 the other i asume the launcher

@roberta591  any tips here please and thank you

also make sure McAfee didn't quarantine the sims 3 launcher

McAfee Restore from Quarantine

1. On the Home Page, click Navigation in the upper-right corner.
  2. Under Features, click Quarantined and Trusted Items.
  3. Click "Quarantined Items" or "Quarantined Potentially Unwanted Programs" to display the list of quarantined threats.
  4. From the list, select SimsLauncher, and click Restore.

Message 12 of 14 (119 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I did the compatability thing with the game icons and it seems to be working alright now. 

It worked for fifteen minutes before and then acted up again so I'll play around with it for a while and if it stays fixed I'll mark this thread as solved Confusedmileyhappy:

The only thing that seems to be wrong is that the screen is really dark/dim now.

Day time in the game looks like night time and night time is almost pitch black.

Message 13 of 14 (113 Views)

Hero (Retired)

if roberta has input they'll post here too might have some idea on the lighting issue ,

feel free to bumb the thread if you still need help  Standard smile we're always happy to help if at all possiable

Message 14 of 14 (107 Views)