My Sims 3 Expansion Packs aren't showing up in-game

by MayEvie

Original Post

Re: My Sims 3 Expansion Packs aren't showing up in-game

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

In the sims 3  2 of my 3 DLC is showing up. Only EP 1 and EP 4 is showing up but not my 3rd DLC EP 5

Message 31 of 42 (3,604 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Unlick all the expansions, run the game. Close it out, go back to launcher, check all and click "install". I've had to do that a few times on new computers.

Also, you may need to be connected to the internet, if you're using origin.
Message 32 of 42 (3,597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm having this same problem. The games are showing up in the Expansions & Stuff tab in the launcher, but they're unchecked. Even if I check them all, they still don't show up in game. All of my store content, installed custom content, and mods are showing up no problem, it's just the expansions.

I cannot try unchecking the games, because they are not checked in the first place.

I have all the expansions and most of the stuff packs. They are installed via Origin. I have tried logging in and out of Origin. I have done Repair Game in Origin. They're all showing as installed in Origin. Quitting Origin. Running without Custom Content. Clearing the Cache files, script error files, and minidump files. Removing the Packages file and running without that.

EDIT: Have just restarted my computer and everything seems to be fine now!

Message 33 of 42 (3,551 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem. I had to install the Sims 3 Base Game, University, Island Paradise and Supernatural digitally from Origin since I lost my disks but still have the codes. I installed some of the other packs from my disks too. All the packs that I have installed are showing up in the "Expansions and Packs" tab in the launcher but the ones I downloaded aren't showing up in my game. I've tried re-installing them, repairing my game, etc, and nothing works.

Message 34 of 42 (3,519 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what if "expansions and stuff" isn't an option in ur launcher 

Message 35 of 42 (3,510 Views)

★★★ Newbie

But I don't want to use my money on something I already bought... clarify?

Message 36 of 42 (3,299 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My Sims 3 expansion packs don't even show and the expansions and stuf bar sometimes
Message 37 of 42 (3,225 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! I tried every solution to my problem the internet or an EA adviser could give me (resetting my router, deleting and reinstalling the packs, deleting my mods, uninstalling and reinstalling origin,) but nothing will work. This has never happened in the 2 years I have played TS3, and only happened after I bought Showtime (from origin) Before that, I had everything but Showtime and Ambitions, and the stuff packs. (I had High End Loft Stuff and it wont let me re-download, but I don't really care too much for that one.) They all show up In origin as 'installed' but are not in the 'expansions and stuff' tab in TS3 launcher. Please help! 

Message 38 of 42 (3,116 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi, I've been having the same problem since August. I got a new computer around the time origin updated and for about one day everything worked perfectly. Then it updated and none of my packs worked(I have all of the expansion packs and one stuff pack.) I have tried everything on this threads as well as other threads and I have even contacted EA. I now know that this is a problem that a lot of people have gone through (most likely because of an update of origin) and that EA doesn't listen to their customers. We pay you for your games and the least you can do is help us fix them. I've had this problem for 4 months and no one has helped me fix this. This is an outrage and I think that you should give us our money back if you aren't going to fix the problem.

Message 39 of 42 (3,004 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Alright, guys, just got a new computer and reinstalled Sims 3 from Origin.

Don't click install packs, just click the checkboxes and start the game.

If expansions aren't showing up in the launcher, either clear the cache for your sims 3 games or uninstall and reinstall (either your sims 3 game or your origin altogether.)

If you can't find the expansions and stuff tab, update your game or find the latest patch.

Also, finding the latest patch will help with other issues as well.

Make sure you are connected to the internet and logged in to sims 3.

Try restarting your computer as well and installing updates for windows or mac.

If none of this helps still, try contacting EA through the live chat. They're insanely helpful and this is just as a user.

Message 40 of 42 (2,997 Views)