My Sim Won't Age Up

by caitlin925

Original Post

Re: My Sim Won't Age Up

★★★ Newbie

The same happend to me and it still won't let me after i did all the things you did. Did you ever find a solution?

Message 11 of 18 (4,087 Views)

★★★ Newbie
So I am facing almost the same problem. I had a family and the female gave birth to two children one boy and one girl. They became toddlers but after that they didn't grow up I tried cheats and I bought cakes but nothing happened.. When I bought the cake and I pressed on it there weren't the kids' names.. Anyway I started a new family I got triplets, boys, and I am having the exact same problem.. Can someone please help me? I've tried everything
Message 12 of 18 (3,905 Views)

★★★★ Novice
This happened to me too, and I tried to move them out but my game wouldn't load.
Message 13 of 18 (3,853 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My best friend made a generations of me and some other friends. I had twins! Their names were Courtney and Clementine, and i swear to you they were gorgeous. Now, when it was their birthday to turn into teens Clementine (me and my best friends personal favorite twin) started having the same exact issues! like, we were stunned that you read our minds with what was going on! We are thinking about deleting her but unfourtunally their older sister, Carly had some issues and we had to delete her. I really don't want to delete her but i feel we have no choice.

Message 14 of 18 (3,734 Views)

★★★ Newbie

But how do you delete just the one child?  Because I shift clicked on her but object delete doesn't come up and that is the only way I know how to delete individual sims.  Thanks! 

Message 15 of 18 (3,430 Views)

@DUBlady  In order for the cheat to work, you need to have entered "testingcheatsenabled true" without quotes into the cheat console (crtl-shift-c to bring it up in-game).  However, I would strongly advise against this, as it can completely ruin your game.  When you delete a sim this way—a child, a pet, even an imaginary friend that has become animated—you only delete the "object," i.e. the body of that sim.  Other data from the sim still remains in the game, and it can cause issues that may eventually make your save completely unplayable.

If you're having trouble aging up a child sim, I would recommend trying the other fixes in this thread instead.  (It might be best to open the game and "save as" under a different name first, so you have a backup copy should things not go as you'd hoped.)  For example, you can move the family out of its house and place it somewhere else in Edit Town; maybe bulldoze the original lot as well.  Toggle aging off and on in options and move the custom age sliders around.  Save, quit, and reload after this, playing for a couple of days to see if the sim can age going forward.

If you really need to get rid of that one child, your best option in the vanilla game is to create an adult, place him or her in the house, and then have that new adult and child move out to another lot while you stay with the rest of the family.  (Or you could split the household in Edit Town.)  This might solve the aging problem by itself.  If the child sim still doesn't age after a couple of days, or you really just want her gone, you can go to Edit Town (while your original family is still active) and evict the child and your newly created adult from their house.  If you don't place them anywhere else before returning to live mode, those two sims will become homeless and should disappear from your game sooner or later.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 16 of 18 (3,419 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I’m having this issue now. My sim has 6 kids  and i’m using Nraas mod but her youngest (3 girl triplets) i’m trying to age up the youngest triplet and she will blow out the candles but not age up. I’ve moved the house and copied the town and it doesn’t work

Message 17 of 18 (3,119 Views)

@slyytherinn  I'm not sure which NRaas mod(s) you're using, so I'll describe how to try to fix the issue without mods.  If the interventions don't help, we can talk about mod-related solutions.

Start by deleting the five cache files in your game folder in Documents.  They should be deleted on a regular basis anyway, and especially now that you're having issues.  While troubleshooting, be sure to delete them every time you quit the game, whether a workaround helped or not.  For reference, those files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

First, load your game and change the toddler age slider so that the kid has a couple of days left before her birthday, then use "save as" to rename the save, quit, delete your caches, and reload.  Instead of blowing out the candles, you can try using a cheat to force the toddler to age up.  This can be done with NRaas MasterController; the non-mod way is to bring up the cheats console (crtl-shift-c) and enter "testingcheatsenabled true" without quotes, then shift-click on the sim and select "trigger age transition."  This sometimes works when the birthday cake doesn't.  Try waiting a day as well.

If this doesn't help, you can quit without saving.  After you reload, take the toddler into CAS, either by using NRaas MasterController or testingcheats—a shift-click on the sim will show the option to "Edit in Create a Sim."  Pick entirely new outfits and hairstyle(s); be sure to use only base game items.  Even if you don't have any custom content, her outfit assignments could be broken.  Once you're done, "save as," quit the game, delete your cache files, reload, and see if you can age her up.

If this doesn't work, try evicting and replacing the sim household, this time after you've changed the toddler's outfits.  The more thorough way to do this is to evict the sims, save their house to the bin, bulldoze the lot, replace it with its bin copy, and move the family back in.  Then "save as," quit, clear your cache files, and reload.

If this doesn't help either, try temporarily moving out the toddler with an adult.  You only have to leave them in a different house for a sim-day or so, but be sure to quit and clear the cache files before bringing them back.  You could also try to trigger an age transition on the toddler while she's living elsewhere, although you'll have to stop "watching" her, i.e. move the camera away from her, and wait until the next morning to find out whether it worked.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 18 of 18 (3,112 Views)