Re: Multiple Issues - maybe Windows 8.1 update's fault?

by narynewt

Original Post

Multiple Issues - maybe Windows 8.1 update's fault?

★ Apprentice

Hello there, 

I recently installed Windows 8.1 and have encountered a couple problems with my Sims 3 games and I'm looking for solutions.

I first noticed that when I pressed any key while the game intro video played I'd get a weird flash of black and white horizontal stripes before it took me to the title loading screen. 

While playing I've had a couple issues that if there's more than one Sim in my household the squares with their picture on the right side of the screen would be selected for more than one Sim after switching between characters. The bust of them would also not switch between characters. I was unable to select away from the moods tab to see wishes or relationships, etc. After giving up on the Sims for a while hoping maybe for an update I went back to play and on top of all this after starting a new town I wanted to turn off the fullmoon zombies from Supernatural and after leaving my family and coming back the fullmoon did not go away. That could just be that I had to ride out the rest of that one night before the lunar stage switched to being at first quarter forever. Not a big deal. Anyway, I'm so sorry this is lengthy. 

I've had some crashing issues, even before updating to Windows 8.1, but I can't remember specific instances to mention.

Thank you so much for any help or advice. I'm thinking I may need to uninstall and then reinstall but it's quite a hassle with all of my store bought content to go through. Thankfully I was able to upload my house and family to my studio on the Sims website so I can get them if things are irreparable. 

Again, thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (136 Views)

Hero
  1. Your graphics driver might need updating with Windows 8.1
  2. That's  a bug. Usually sovled by restarting the game.
  3. Not sure I understand the second issue. If you don't want Zombies you neeed to set the lunar cycle to a set phase. The lunar phase often resets when you start the game again so you have the feeling you're playing the same phase over and over.
  4. If the crahsing is not regular, I would not worry about it. It can be caused by any number of reasons like a issue with the servers.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (129 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for replying. Restarting my game solved most of my issues, but I still crash - A LOT. I have no idea how to update my graphics driver but I guess I'll start there and look into it! 

Message 3 of 4 (121 Views)

Hero

Have you tried all the stuff here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Game-Crashes-CTD/td-p/656/ ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (109 Views)