Re: Mouse stuck in color wheel on Create-A-Pet

by DragonAion

Original Post

Mouse stuck in color wheel on Create-A-Pet

★★★ Newbie

This is very frustrating.

I have been playing the sims 3 for the past hour and a half, and have made a tremendous amount of changes in my game, I noticed my Unicorn no longer had a horn on her head, so I went into customization and attempted to add it back in. Upon doing this, I found out there was no option to add the horn back, looked into it and saw I wasn't the only one this happened too. So, I let that go.

So deciding that I had loaded up the customization page for nothing, I wanted to atleast change the saddle of my unicorn, so I did that and ended up changing her eye color as well.

Now, my mouse appears to be stuck. The game is running fine, music playing, horse moving, so on and so fourth, but I cannot click on an action and have it happen - instead, wherever I click, the color wheel changes it's color in the general direction that I've clicked in. I can't accept, undo, or make any other changes. I'm stuck in the wheel, and I can't get out of it.

I haven't saved my progess and at this rate I'm ready to break my game in half. Why doesn't Sims 3 have an auto save? I wouldn't be as upset if I didn't just create 2 foals, get my sim's wife pregnant, master a skill and many other things that have been extremely time consuming. 

Please help. I refuse to close the game down until I have a solution - not like I'd want to play sims again if I had to pretty much restart the whole 1.5 hours of my life I just wasted. 

Sorry if I sound upset - It's just extremely frustrating, this game has been amazing to me until now..

Message 1 of 3 (1,110 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't know what the source of the problem is, but when I ran into it I was trying to edit the color of my family's unicorn horn when it was stuck at the color wheel. I'd never seen this before since I bought the game (many, many, many moons ago), but I got out of it by hitting the Enter button on my keyboard. That at least let me leave C.A.S. and save my game before I did anything else...

Hope this at least spares people a few agonizing data losses!

Message 2 of 3 (941 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Hitting enter on the keyboard worked for me! Thank you!
Message 3 of 3 (902 Views)