Re: Monte Vista Wood Fire Oven!

by UntotheLord

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Monte Vista Wood Fire Oven!

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I am not aware of having a StoreFix mod.  Could I have it and not know it?  My woodfire ovens haven's worked for ages...

Message 1 of 14 (1,017 Views)

Accepted Solution

@UntotheLord  The store itself can be kind of annoying to navigate.  I linked the premium content page because the way things are supposed to work is that you can download directly from the product pages of the items you own.  So even if you didn't remember which ones you'd bought, you could click on each link to see whether the blue Download button showed up.  But it sounds like that didn't work, at least for Monte Vista.  Anyway, your purchase history should work as well.

Also, be sure to install worlds one at a time, and other items in batches of about six, or you might end up with more corrupt store content.  The launcher isn't particularly efficient either.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 11 of 14 (1,432 Views)

All Replies

@UntotheLord  I split your comment into its own thread, because the previous thread was quite old.

It's highly unlikely that you would have a mod and not know it.  Unlike custom content, which can stick to downloads and get installed behind your back, mods are standalone .package files that need to be in the proper location to work.  They also show up in a popup at the Main Menu.  So unless you have mods with some unknown functions, you're probably fine.  (If you do happen to use any NRaas mods, you don't have to worry about those.)

The more likely source of the issue is a corrupted ccmerged.package.  This file resides in DCBackup, inside your TS3 game folder in Documents, and it's required to make premium content work.  The easiest fix is to rebuild ccmerged and replace the old copy with the new one.

To do this, drag your entire game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  Open the launcher to spawn a new folder, then go to the store and redownload your premium content.  You don't have to download anything else, although for the oven, you may have to download Monte Vista itself again.  Install all the content into your new game folder, then grab ccmerged.package from DCBackup and place it in your old game folder.  You can then delete the new game folder and put the old one back in Documents\Electronic Arts.

One note about store content:  It's best to download and install in batches of no more than about six items at a time; the launcher doesn't handle large amounts of data very well.  Once the previous batch is installed, you can start on the next one.  Worlds should be handled separately, not in a batch with anything else.

Message 2 of 14 (1,010 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you SO MUCH for your very detailed reply!  Since it looks a bit complicated and time consuming, I'm not going to try this fix right away, but I'll try to remember to come back here and post again when I do!

Message 3 of 14 (990 Views)

★★ Apprentice

OK, I summoned up some bravery and moved the entire Electronic Arts folder from Documents onto my desktop, and started the launcher. When I look at "more" in Origin under Sims 3, it looks like I still have everything, still. And it didn't spawn a new Electronic Arts folder in Documents . Now what?

Message 4 of 14 (971 Views)

★★ Apprentice
There's the new folder!!!
Tried looking on the ea.com web site for Sims 3 stuff to re-download (since I couldn't find that option in Origin)and didn't find anything available but The Sims 3 for Mac (basic game only) and lots of Sims 4 stuff...
Message 5 of 14 (970 Views)

@UntotheLord  All the store content you're looking fore needs to be downloaded specifically through the Sims 3 store, not Origin or EA.com.  Login to your account and then download from your purchase history.  Or you can go directly to the product page for each item; for example, here's Monte Vista:

https://store.thesims3.com/montevista.html?categoryId=12642&section=UpSell

To rebuild ccmerged.package, you only need to download and install your premium content, not the rest of your store stuff.  You can check what you own through the Premium Content section, and navigate the subsections using the tabs on the left.

https://store.thesims3.com/category.html?categoryId=13062&index=0&action=premiumContentView

Message 6 of 14 (964 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks again, so much.  I rushed through the final steps without doing the download.  Let me see how it runs now, and then I guess I'll have to start over.

I really appreciate your telling me how to differentiate between premium and other content.  I've been just playing the game without doing things like this for so long that I've forgotten a lot of what's what...!

Message 7 of 14 (956 Views)

★★ Apprentice
OK, I just bought a woodfire oven for a lot that didn't have one, and it's still not working. So, I'll start over and try to follow your directions more precisely, now that I know somewhat better what I'm doing... haha
Message 8 of 14 (955 Views)

★★ Apprentice
When I go to the Monte Vista link you shared, I get an offer to download "the bundle" for $19.99, and when I click on that it opens an Origin page and tells me I already have it. Also, I can't tell which premium content I already have by looking at the premium content page. Please help this unexpectedly dense Sims fan...
Message 9 of 14 (953 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I found my purchase history!
Message 10 of 14 (951 Views)