Monte Vista Disc won't install

by radd88

Original Post

Re: Monte Vista Disc won't install

Hero (Retired)

@KaitlynDiaz

The disc installation process skips over instead of installing

Not sure what's up with that but try to redeem your code in the store and download from your purchase history instead.

Follow these steps to redeem your code

1. Go to thesims3.com and log in with your account
  2. Go to your account page: https://store.thesims3.com/myAccount.html (site will ask for your password again)
  3. Click on Redeem a Code
  4. Enter the 16-letter code, accept the Policies and click on Redeem
  5. Go to your purchase history to download the world (make sure your game is updated to the newest version)

OR

1. Go to thesims3.com and log in with your account
  2. Go to the general redeem a code page: http://www.thesims3.com/incentive/generalredeem.html
  3. Enter the 16-letter code (this is not for 20-letter codes) and click on Submit
  4. Go to your purchase history to download the world (make sure your game is updated to the newest version)

IF you redeemed your code in Origin you may get an invalid/used code contact CS if you did that  if the world was bought 2nd hand/used you can't re-use the code as the code is permanently tied to the to original owners account

Message 41 of 47 (528 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what do i do after that?

Message 42 of 47 (518 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi im having the same problem! Except when i get the new disk and insert it for the first time, when the install thingy comes up IT DOESNT ASK ME FOR THE CODE!!! AND WONT INSTALL! Even if the thing said it installed, its never in my game!!

Ive NEVER had this happen before!! And quite frankly im PO'd!!!

It only seems to do this to me with Dragon Valley!!! I bought 3 DIFFERENT GAMES OF IT TO SEE IF IT WORKED!!! NONE DID!!

2 were used. But the third, which just arrived today, and just tried to install, WAS BRAND NEW!!!

I clicked the above link, but the Worlds dont even show up as options in Origin!!!

I inserted the code here, and now my game is registered, and recognized. BUT ITS NOT IN MY GAME!!!

I hit download, and it seemed like it was downloading, but got several random pop ups on the Sims Launcher, saying there was a problem downloading. Originally there was a red no sign next to Dragon Valley. But when I checked again it said it was installed!!!

SO WHERE IS IT!!!!!????

And why is this only happening with stupid Dragon Valley!!!!!????

Message 43 of 47 (510 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi. I'm having a problem installing Monte Vista expansion pack. When I insert the disk, a small black box appears that says: "Choose what to do next with this disk: install media or programs from this disk, open to view files or don't do anything with it." After choosing "Install media or programs from this disk"  appears this blue InstallShield Wizard or whatever that is and after agreeing with the terms&conditions etc. it says: "Monte Vista installed!" (or something like that) and moves me into The Sims game launcher. Then it asks me a code, 16-digit code. I entered the code that I got, but the game says: "We're sorry, this code is invalid. Please try another code." But I do not have any other redeem codes, I understand that: one expansion pack, one disk, one code for it. I got one expansion pack, one disk and one code. And this code I entered, this is correct.

Sorry when here is a lots of grammar mistakes, I'm not a native English speaker.

Message 44 of 47 (492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

So now it is installed it won't let me play,it requires the sims 3 into the future(previous game i had installed).Problem is that i don't have that disk anymore and i would like to access the game with the sims 3 monte vista disc and it just won't let me.Is there something i did wrong and didn't realize it?Help someone

Message 45 of 47 (436 Views)

★ Novice
Yes it did helped me a lot thanks 👍👍👍👍
Message 46 of 47 (352 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
What the Hey! I will give this a try. The game is useless as it stands - I will have to hope that EA does not blow my rig. Wish me luck.MR
Message 47 of 47 (267 Views)