Map Tags Disappear After Joining a Profession

by MissRavenclaw29

Original Post

Map Tags Disappear After Joining a Profession

★★ Novice
After joining professions that have a specific location - firefighter and stylist - almost all the map tags disappear. The only two that show up are the home lot and the profession location - which also shows up when out of map view, like the tags you get for cases in the investigator career. I checked that the map tags are on and set to all, and nothing changed. I've tried changing neighbourhoods, and Sims, and again, nothing changes. However, when I quit the profession, the map tags return to normal. Although I could avoid these professions, I don't exactly want to as they are two of my favourites.

My computer skills are slightly limited, but if I am given detailed instructions, I can follow them or get my boyfriend to do it.

My operating system is Windows 8.

I have installed: Ambitions, Island Paradise, Pets, Generations, Seasons, University Life, Late Night and Showtime.

I have a bit of CC - clothes and hair - but they're all directly from the Sims Store.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Had this problem awhile and really want to get it sorted. Thank you.
Message 1 of 5 (416 Views)

Re: Map Tags Disappear After Joining a Profession

Hero (Retired)

I've had that happen too with the firefighter career one sec the tag is there the next can't see it what i have had to do thought it is a pain to do is when i see that happen I've saved and quit then cleared the cache files launch the game the tags came back for a while went again

elete the cach files go to electronic arts/the sims 3/

•CasPartCache.package
•compositorCache.package
•scriptCache.package
•simCompositorCache.package
•socialCache.package.package

it's safe to delete these files as a new ones will regenerate

i searched around and found this info before i would try this i would save my game with the save as new name ( thus keeping the original safe and untouched just in case it dooes not work then quit without saving  )

a simple yet effective solution to this problem without exiting the game,
 use the following cheats in cheat console.
 Step 1: ctrl+shift+c hold all 3 together in the menu bar that appears at the top of the screen type in testingcheatsenabled true
 Step2: maptags on
 step3:  ctrl+shift+c hold all 3 together in the menu bar that appears at the top of the screen type in  testingcheatsenabled false
it should now show the missing tags

Message 2 of 5 (410 Views)

★★ Novice
I've tried the testing cheats one, and that did nothing. I'm gonna try the cache one. I'd prefer a more permanent solution, though :/
Message 3 of 5 (402 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
Nope, again, it's not working, even after deleting cache files.

Also, since I tried that, the other saves have started only showing the salon and the home lot too :/
Message 4 of 5 (400 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps/td-p/714/

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Check if you have the game on a completely vanilla game, new savegame, new everything. If it works, start putting your stuff back. If not, come back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (388 Views)