(MAC) Sims3 generation wont launch

by jasanchezx2

Original Post

(MAC) Sims3 generation wont launch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I purchased last night & downloaded sims3 generation to my macbook. followed all instructions. went to origin-my games and clicked play. an icon appears for a moment then disappears and my paradise island icon shows up. I have the base sims 3 game & island paradise on cd and tried reloading both. still will not play. Please advise. this game is not eligible for refund

Message 1 of 2 (91 Views)

Re: (MAC) Sims3 generation wont launch

Champion (Retired)

Hi

The game will launch from the most recent expansion pack in terms of release date, even if that is not the one you installed last. So in your case, the game should launch from Island Paradise, seeing as that was a much later release than Generations. If you installed Island Paradise from disc then is your disc in the drive?

Instead of starting the game from Origin, try launching from the base game icon in Applications/ The Sims 3 folder.

It is possible that your Generations download may have been corrupt or partial. Can you open the game launcher? If so, is the Generations icon in the row along the bottom coloured-in or greyed-out?

Caspin

Message 2 of 2 (83 Views)