Re: (MAC) Lost disk and updates

by caspinwall

Original Post

(MAC) Lost disk and updates

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have lost my ambitions disk, so I thought I would just install Late night but when I try it says I need Sims 3 installed first.  I obviously have that installed already.  So right now I can't play my game because I have lost my ambitions disk and I threw about 29$ for late night because it won't install.  What do I do to fix this?  I'm on a  Macbook Pro OS X 10.9.3.

Message 1 of 2 (87 Views)

Re: (MAC) Lost disk and updates

Champion (Retired)

@SimDoula wrote:

I have lost my ambitions disk, so I thought I would just install Late night but when I try it says I need Sims 3 installed first.  I obviously have that installed already.  So right now I can't play my game because I have lost my ambitions disk and I threw about 29$ for late night because it won't install.  What do I do to fix this?  I'm on a  Macbook Pro OS X 10.9.3.

Hi

Sometimes during the installation process the installer can't automatically find where the base game files are installed. You may need to check during the installation and when it asks you where the game is installed, make sure it is choosing the right location. Unless you have done something unusual, this should be Applications on your Mac's hard drive. It's worth checking, though, as some people have more than one drive.

Have another go and see if it will work. If not then you could try using Origin to download the games digitally - if you have registered the codes then this is free of charge.

Caspin

Message 2 of 2 (78 Views)