Re: Lost product code for sims 3 starter pack

by goodsadtucker100

Original Post

Lost product code for sims 3 starter pack

★ Novice

Hi please help because i lost my codes my niece took the information out of the case and now i cant find it.

Message 1 of 6 (1,469 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Taryn1257  Do you have access to the computer the game was installed on? If the operating system has not been reinstalls get a program called gamekeyrevealer (google it). If the code is still in the registry it should be displayed. Did you ever redeem the code in Origin? Ask you niece what she did with the codes. The discs are generic and what you need are the codes.

Message 2 of 6 (1,436 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What if I haven't even been able to download the game on a computer yet? Am I not able to play at all?

Message 3 of 6 (1,270 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Heelan09  You NEED the codes. The discs are generic (all the same) and you still have to activate the game with the codes. When you buy the games you do not own the game - what you pay for is a license to use the software. You have to activate the game with the code. The software on the disc is out of date. You are better off redeeming the code and getting the download version from Origin. The disc has SecuROM for DRM - Windows and OS X no longer support SecuROM. EA's Origin is much like Valve's Steam and is now the DRM for this game.

Message 4 of 6 (1,258 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have a question what if I only put the sims 3 game in only and not the others can I still find the codes?
Message 5 of 6 (1,136 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Do the Sims starter pack all have the same code?
Message 6 of 6 (1,132 Views)