Re: Lost access to account email

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lost access to account email

★★ Novice

Hello all,

I've run into a dilemma over the last few months as I decided I wanted to pull out my old Sims 3 discs to install and play again. First, I realize that no one here can directly help me with my account problems. However, I'm not getting help from EA support so I wanted to see if anyone had suggestions on other steps to try.

When I tried to add the product codes to origin (since my computer doesn't have a cd drive) it said they were connected to an account. This is my old account that I don't remember the password and the email address is no longer accessible (the email provider doesn't even exist anymore). I followed the EA steps first to talk through chat and then to fill out the form. I've now filled out the account recovery form 3 times and keep being told that they can't verify my account with the information provided. I've included pictures of the games, the product codes for all the games that should be on the account, items that were purchased, and any other details I could remember. The last chat I had I was told that if I don't have access to my account email then there is absolutely nothing they can do for me. 

Does anyone have ideas of things to try? All I want is to be able to play my games. I appreciate that they don't just easily transfer account information, but it seems like this is unfairly difficult. Is there other information I could try to send them? Anyone else at EA support I could try to talk with? 

Message 1 of 4 (696 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@dubbeee  I asked around to see if there was anything else you could do, or anyone who could help you.  But unfortunately, if you can't establish your account ownership through the verification form, there's nothing that support can do.  I understand why you're frustrated, and I really wish I could provide another option.

I know it's not what you're looking for, but you might want to check out holiday sales in a few weeks.  Origin may offer the TS3 base game and packs at a steep discount, as it did for Black Friday.  Steam also has a New Year's sale; last year, the base game and packs were $5 U.S. each.  Or, if you only wanted to play for a short period, you could subscribe to Origin Access Premier for a month or two.  You'd get access to the TS3 starter pack (base game, Late Night, and High-End Loft Stuff) for as long as you kept your subscription active.

Again, I'm really sorry that there isn't a way to restore your account ownership.  I wish I could do more to help.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (654 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@dubbeee  I asked around to see if there was anything else you could do, or anyone who could help you.  But unfortunately, if you can't establish your account ownership through the verification form, there's nothing that support can do.  I understand why you're frustrated, and I really wish I could provide another option.

I know it's not what you're looking for, but you might want to check out holiday sales in a few weeks.  Origin may offer the TS3 base game and packs at a steep discount, as it did for Black Friday.  Steam also has a New Year's sale; last year, the base game and packs were $5 U.S. each.  Or, if you only wanted to play for a short period, you could subscribe to Origin Access Premier for a month or two.  You'd get access to the TS3 starter pack (base game, Late Night, and High-End Loft Stuff) for as long as you kept your subscription active.

Again, I'm really sorry that there isn't a way to restore your account ownership.  I wish I could do more to help.

Message 2 of 4 (655 Views)

@dubbeee  A very helpful AHQ hero (@holger1405) pointed out to me that if your previous email provider is out of business, you might be able to rent the domain very cheaply.  Then you could recreate your email address, at least long enough to reset your account details.  It might be a lot less expensive than rebuying your games.

Message 3 of 4 (615 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict and @holger1405 Thank you for your ideas! The domain name is not available, but that was very creative and I appreciate how hard you are trying to find a solution.

I'm not willing to repurchase because I have the base game and 10 expansion packs plus the money I've spent on simpoints. I talked with another EA support person who suggested sending in the address of the paypal account that was linked to my account to see if that works. I've also sent in receipt that match the purchases I made on the website and pictures of the discs and codes. Hopefully something works!

Message 4 of 4 (608 Views)