Re: Lost My Sims 3 Family/Game

by szdorka

Original Post

Lost My Sims 3 Family/Game

★★★ Newbie
Hi, hope I’m doing this right..
In the Sims 3, I had a saved game that I’ve been playing a lot for the past few days, but when I went to make a new game, the previous saved game disappeared.

Some information:
• Hence me calling it a ‘saved game’, I’m pretty sure I saved it. I came back to the game several times throughout the past few days and it was in the main menu along with my other saved games.
• Only when I added the new game did my previous game disappear.
• I don’t know how useful this point could be, but both games are set in the same town (Monte Vista)

I’ve come to terms that the chances of getting that game back are slim to none, but I’d just like to know what happened to my game, so if anyone knows what could’ve happened, please respond.
Message 1 of 3 (251 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@marinamolnarsims  When you "save" a game, the gmae is save with the default name or the name of the save you loaded from. When you use the "save as" the game will create another save spot with a different name and not over write the default slot. You may be able to recover the old game by using the recover save game procedure - link - Sims 3 - recover old save games

Message 2 of 3 (224 Views)

★ Apprentice

This helped me also

Message 3 of 3 (212 Views)