Launcher works, game does not?

by Tteallx

Original Post

Launcher works, game does not?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey guys! So I'm currently getting back into Sims 3 but unfortunately it has decided it doesn't want to be played! Now, I'm far from tech savvy and am struggling to resolve the issue by myself and with googles help alone.

I have 3 expansion packs (pets, late nights and high end) as well as a folder of mods that I use. The game was working well with all this for a few plays. However, now clicking to play on the launcher (the launcher works fine) I am greeted by [the image attached below]. From this stage onward there is nothing to do other than shut the Windows.

Now I do think that when this first began a few weeks ago, it came up with a crash message however is not doing so now.

I've tried to uninstall then reinstall the game, again the outcome has been the same.

PC info: Graphics card: Navida GTX 660

I am not bothered about keeping saved data as I plan to be starting afresh once I treat myself to another expansion pack! But alas I'll wait to buy it until my game is fixed!

Thanks in advanced for any help. 

Message 1 of 2 (355 Views)

Re: Launcher works, game does not?

@Tteallx  First question: does the game launch without mods?  Or to be more thorough, what happens if you drag your entire TS3 game folder out of Documents?  If the game loads with your existing game folder out of the way, then it's likely a mod issue.  It might be a pain to figure out which one(s) you need to remove, but there are a few possible culprits if you want to go over your list.  If nothing jumps out at me, you can ask at NRaas or MTS.

If the game won't load even after you remove your entire game folder, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post here.  There are a number of potential issues, even with a card that should be able to handle most or all packs on medium/high settings.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (331 Views)