Re: Launcher won't save downloaded Custom Content

by roberta591

Original Post

Launcher won't save downloaded Custom Content

★★★★★ Novice

So I've been at this literally all day trying to get my custom content to be used in game. It downloads perfectly, states that everything has been installed as a "success" and once I go to hit PLAY, I get to where you can pick a world and none of my CC worlds are there. I've uninstalled all of my games and even origin to see if maybe there is a glitch twice now with nothing seeming to work. I don't have any exchange content installed to make sure that it wasn't a glitch with that just items I have actually purchased such as Riverview or even boardwalk. I'm at a loss on what to do next as I have research this problem and now I'm just starting to worry that EA has abandon the Sims3 and there's not going to be a fix to this. I've even deleted all previous files for the Sims and Origin, uninstalled all of those and cleaned my computer to make sure that there isn't something weird going on there and restarted the system. Any ideas on what to do. I'm kind of a dummy when it comes to this stuff so a step by step process would be much appreciated.  

Message 1 of 4 (470 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@KilleenMorrison  Is your computer a pc or mac?  What is the version of your game - lower left in the launcher?

Message 2 of 4 (450 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Its a PC and the game is up to date as 1.69.43.024017

Message 3 of 4 (435 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@KilleenMorrison  Did you log in to OneDrive?  OneDrive is a Windows operating system application that syncs new data with other computers. It moves that data in preparation to sync and the game can not find the data. For some reason Microsoft really wants user to use OneDrive (or anything that uses the MS cloud storage). This would be my first guess. You need to deactivate OneDrive or configure OneDrive not to sync the Electronic Arts folder in the user documents folder.

Message 4 of 4 (371 Views)